none
Kinect for Windows is necessaire for development?

Question

• Hello Guys;

I'm new here...I'd like to know if is possible develop applications using the Kinect for Xbox, because I'm from Brazil and I don't meeting the Kinect for Windows here. The Microsoft don't delivery from Brazil and I don't know where buy the product.

Thanks!!!

Deise Vicentin
    "Eu não procuro saber as respostas, procuro compreender as perguntas." Confúcio

Thursday, March 29, 2012 3:20 PM

Answers

All replies

• Kinect for Windows will be coming soon to Brazil. See this blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/kinectforwindows/archive/2012/03/26/what-s-ahead-a-sneak-peek.aspx

In the meantime, you can use the Kinect for Xbox 360 hardware for development purposes with the Kinect for Windows SDK. (Obviously, you won't be able to test any scenarios that rely on new features of the Kinect for Windows hardware, such as Near Mode.) You'll also need the Kinect for Windows hardware to deploy any products you develop.

John
    K4W Dev

Thursday, March 29, 2012 8:16 PM
  • Kinect for Windows will be coming soon to Brazil. See this blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/kinectforwindows/archive/2012/03/26/what-s-ahead-a-sneak-peek.aspx

In the meantime, you can use the Kinect for Xbox 360 hardware for development purposes with the Kinect for Windows SDK. (Obviously, you won't be able to test any scenarios that rely on new features of the Kinect for Windows hardware, such as Near Mode.) You'll also need the Kinect for Windows hardware to deploy any products you develop.

John
    K4W Dev

You know how I use the Kinect for Xbox 360 in my computer? If I Buy the HDE Power Supply Cable for Kinect is sufficient?

I need to start the development now, even if I stay limited with use the Kinect for Xbox 360.

Thank you so much!

Deise Vicentin

Thursday, March 29, 2012 8:33 PM
  • Yes, you can use the standard power supply cable for the Kinect for Xbox 360. It connects the Kinect sensor to the power source and to a USB port on your computer.

John
    K4W Dev

Thursday, March 29, 2012 9:53 PM
  • Yes, you can use the standard power supply cable for the Kinect for Xbox 360. It connects the Kinect sensor to the power source and to a USB port on your computer.

John
    K4W Dev

Thank you John.

I think I go to buy the Kinect for Xbox 360. Now, I'm searching the adapter for to buy here, but this is more easy.

:D

Deise Vicentin

Friday, March 30, 2012 8:02 PM