Visual Studio 2008 Conversion Wizard opens up for 2008 project

Question

• Hi,

Whenever I try to open Visual Studio 2008 solution using VS2008, conversion wizard is running and is asking me to upgrade to 2008 project to continue.

I am trying to open a project that has been created using VS2008 and is not a converted project. But every time I try to open it using VS2008, it opens the conversion wizard. If I click continue, It is checking out all files in the solution from source control. I have also installed VS2008 SPK1,  VS2010 and VS2010 SPK1. I tried uninstalling , reparing and reinstalling VS2008 but it did not resolve the issue. To test visual studio, I created a new 2008 solution and I am able to open it using VS2008 without issues. But I am not able to open the 2008 solutions in the source control. We are using Perforce as Version Control software. Other members of the team are able to open the 2008 solutions just fine. Could anyone please let me know how to get around this issue.

Monday, February 27, 2012 3:25 PM

Answers

• Hi MrBeaan,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

Based on your description, “Other members of the team are able to open the 2008 solutions just fine”, so I think it is related to your App.  I’m not an expert about Perforce, but I did some research, it seems that Perforce is used for the source control like the TFS, so I think you can use a new workspace to import the project from source control and check it.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 3:13 AM