none
SSIS packages Migration from Visual Studio 2005 to 2010- "Error:Configuration from a parent variable "System::ExecutionInstanceGUID" did not occur because there was no parent variable collection."

Question

• Hello there,

I am trying to convert SSIS packages from Visual Studio 2005 to 2010. I get this warnings in my child package:

* Information 0x40016042: The package is attempting to configure from the parent variable "System::ExecutionInstanceGUID".

* Warning 0x8001201a:  Configuration from a parent variable "System::ExecutionInstanceGUID" did not occur because there was no parent variable collection.

I have a user Variable (user::vExecutionID) with the Data Type of "GUID" which is passing through most of the tasks and child packages. It is working perfectly in Visual Studio 2005 but it fails in VS 2010. and this is the stored procedure for it:

PROCEDURE [SetNewExecution]
          @unqExecuteID    UNIQUEIDENTIFIER,
          @inbBatchID    bigint
    AS
    BEGIN

IF @inbBatchID IS NULL
        BEGIN
            IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT EXECUTE_ID FROM AUDIT_LOG WHERE EXECUTE_ID=@unqExecuteID)
                INSERT INTO AUDIT_LOG(EXECUTE_ID,START_TIME,STATUS_ID,FAILED_PROCESS)
                    SELECT @unqExecuteID,GETDATE(),STATUS_ID,0
                    FROM AUDIT_LOG_STATUS WHERE STATUS_DESC='FAILD';
        END ELSE
        BEGIN
            INSERT INTO AUDIT_LOG(EXECUTE_ID,START_TIME,BATCH_ID,STATUS_ID)
                SELECT @unqExecuteID,GETDATE(),@inbBatchID,STATUS_ID
                FROM AUDIT_LOG_STATUS WHERE STATUS_DESC='RUNNING';
        END
    END

If I ignore the conversion warning message and run the package It fails with this error:" failed with the following error: "Error converting data type varchar to uniqueidentifier.". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly."

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 4:41 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I have moved this thread to SQL Server Integration Services forum for better response.

Thanks,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, October 31, 2013 7:29 AM