none
Unknown Error when publishing a form to a workflow

Question

• There is a workflow created for getting aproval from a manager user to either allow or disallow an even for the callender. The form in that workflow is used to ask for aproval and after editing it and trying to publish I get the following error. "An unknown error has occured. The form template has been published to the server but it can only be opened in InfoPath Filler." Afterwards I get the following message "Click Change setting... to provide the address of the server where you plan to publish this template. This will make error cheaking more acurate." I would like to know if I am doing something wrong and how I resolve this problem. Thank you.

-Manav

Thursday, November 24, 2011 7:19 PM

Answers

• Hi ,

Do you create the  Approval Workflow using SharePoint designer using the action ‘Start Approver Process’ ?

After publish the form ,you can choose List Settings in  the Task list which the Approval workflow is bind to .Click content type and check whether the Approval _x0028_18_x0029_content type have been created .If it is there ,you can check whether you can create a task using the content type .

If you cannot find the content type or cannot create a task using the content type ,there must be errors when you create the Approver workflow .You can create another workflow to have a test .Or you can bind the workflow to another Task list  .

When you get the message:’ Click Change Settings…’ ,you can manually fill in the publish URL when publish the form : http://servername/sitename/Workflows/workflowname/templatename.xsn .If the error still exists ,please provide the error log which is located :C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web server extension\14\LOGS .

Thanks,

Entan Ming

Monday, November 28, 2011 3:38 AM

All replies

• Hi ,

Do you create the  Approval Workflow using SharePoint designer using the action ‘Start Approver Process’ ?

After publish the form ,you can choose List Settings in  the Task list which the Approval workflow is bind to .Click content type and check whether the Approval _x0028_18_x0029_content type have been created .If it is there ,you can check whether you can create a task using the content type .

If you cannot find the content type or cannot create a task using the content type ,there must be errors when you create the Approver workflow .You can create another workflow to have a test .Or you can bind the workflow to another Task list  .

When you get the message:’ Click Change Settings…’ ,you can manually fill in the publish URL when publish the form : http://servername/sitename/Workflows/workflowname/templatename.xsn .If the error still exists ,please provide the error log which is located :C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web server extension\14\LOGS .

Thanks,

Entan Ming

Monday, November 28, 2011 3:38 AM
  • The problem is because you already have a task of the previous content type in the task list.  You have to delete them all first. Then you can alter it. I just fixed this myself.  (I'm actually using SharePoint 2013, but it's a version 2010 workflow.)
    Sunday, September 15, 2013 2:46 AM