none
ApplicationIntent and Report Builder

Question

• I have a SQL Server 2012 AlwaysOn AG setup including the read-only intent for a secondary. I setup a data source to point to the Listener with the data source type of Microsoft SQL Server entry to include ApplicationIntent=ReadOnly. The Test connection was successful. When I created a new report and added a dataset using that datasource and asks for data source credentials, I specify use the current windows user. I get the error "Unable to connect to data source" with Details - "Keynword not supported: 'applicationintent'.

I see that there was a fix for .NET but that seems to apply to XP and 2008R2.

What wrong?

I should also mention that I am using Report Builder 3.0 that I had used for 2008 R2 reports. I see that there seems to be a 2012 Report Builder version (I can't find where the version of Report Builder is indicated?). Is that the problem? Can this version be used for 2008 R2 reports - backward compatible?

Thursday, April 03, 2014 3:22 PM

Answers

• I am running the 2012 version of Report Builder 3.0. My build is 11.0.2100.60 (installed several months ago). You can find this by opening the filesystem location where MSReportBuilder.exe resides, right-click MSReportBuilder.exe, choose properties, Select Details. The File and Product versions are there.

I don't have a similar SQL server setup to test against so I can't answer the initial question but it won't hurt to install the latest report builder anyway. Then try it again and see what happens. Good luck.

"You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek." - Blind Seer, O Brother Where Art Thou
    Please Mark posts as answers or helpful so that others may find the fortune they seek.

Thursday, April 03, 2014 5:59 PM

All replies

• I am running the 2012 version of Report Builder 3.0. My build is 11.0.2100.60 (installed several months ago). You can find this by opening the filesystem location where MSReportBuilder.exe resides, right-click MSReportBuilder.exe, choose properties, Select Details. The File and Product versions are there.

I don't have a similar SQL server setup to test against so I can't answer the initial question but it won't hurt to install the latest report builder anyway. Then try it again and see what happens. Good luck.

"You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek." - Blind Seer, O Brother Where Art Thou
    Please Mark posts as answers or helpful so that others may find the fortune they seek.

Thursday, April 03, 2014 5:59 PM
  • I upgraded Report Builder on a different PC just in case it is not compatible with 2008 R2 and the error went away. Thanks for the reply Tim.
    Thursday, April 03, 2014 7:32 PM