none
IOS Ipad IPhone Safari SignOut not working, not prompted for credentials in subsequent Sign In

Question

• When signing out on an Ipad, appear to be signed out as i'm taken back to homepage.
    When I select Sign In again, and select Microsoft account button, i'm automatically taken into the Application.

If I don't use the device for a while before attempting sign in again, behaviour is like an expired session. You are taken to login page where the User Name is already completed and password needs filled in.

The Application is MVC 3, framework 4. Also an issue on MVC4 Framework 4.5, Web Forms 4.5 using HealthVault 2.0.0.0 

public partial class Logout : System.Web.UI.Page
        {
            protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
            {
                // Will redirect to HealthVault shell and sign out and then redirect back to this application.
                WebApplicationUtilities.SignOut(System.Web.HttpContext.Current);
            }
        }

public partial class Logout : System.Web.UI.Page
        {
            {
                // Remove cookie from application.
                WebApplicationUtilities.SavePersonInfoToCookie(HttpContext.Current, null, true);

// Will redirect to HealthVault shell and sign out and then redirect back to this application.
                WebApplicationUtilities.SignOut(System.Web.HttpContext.Current);
            }
        }

public partial class Logout : HealthServicePage
        {
            {
                SignOut();
            }
        }

Interestingly I can Sign in and Out on account.helathvault-ppe.co.uk without any problems, thinking the shell interface is not logging out cleanly? is there a config setting I'm missing? any ideas?

Thanks

Friday, December 13, 2013 9:03 AM

Answers

All replies

• Just to narrow the issue down... have you tried it with other browsers? IE, Chrome, Firefox? Is it just the iPad that is having issues?
    Tuesday, December 17, 2013 3:59 AM
  • Yes fine with IE on Windows 8, IE and Chrome on Windows 7. Only looks to be an issue with Ipad/Iphone devices IOS7 and IOS 6 have same issue.

Noticed the mobile login is used, it doesn't have a remember me checkbox like the web version. if I used the desktop login its fine, but if I use the web login I get prompted for the username and password.

So I'm thinking the mobile keeps the user signed in.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 9:51 AM
  • You are correct. There is a bug in the shell interface in which applications signing out through a mobile browser are not properly signed out of the identity provider.  We are targeting this issue for resolution in our next update.

Thursday, December 19, 2013 6:52 PM
  • do you have a timeframe for this update? Thanks Chris
    Friday, December 20, 2013 7:10 AM
  • Hi Ivin
    Any idea when a fix will be released?

Thanks

Monday, January 20, 2014 12:32 PM
  • We deployed the fix out today.  This should solve the issue with MSA not being signed out properly on iPad.
    Monday, January 20, 2014 9:39 PM