none
BizTalk FIX XML (Adapter)

Question

• Hi,

Please let me know if anyone has idea about BizTalk FIX adapter used in trading business.

I heard that RAShortCut adapter can be used for FIX messaging services. 

http://www.rapidaddition.com/microsoft-biztalk-adaptors/rashortcut.html

Is there any other product offer the FIX messaging features, also I think If we implement a pipeline component to convert the messages to FIX format and make use of BizTalk adapters for routing purpose. 

Is there any special feature that FIX adapter offers ?

Reards,

KP.

Friday, September 27, 2013 7:38 AM

Answers

• Hi KP,

Other than few third party adapters for FIX, I don’t think you have many options in handling FIX financial messages in BizTalk. Other than Rapid Addition’s adapter, I can find iWay FIXAdapter. You can contact iWay for more information regarding this adapter.

But in terms in Rapid Addition’s I have read some case studies about them in past in specific to FIX. They have been working with BizTalk for very long time, one of friends in Seattle,US used to work in this adapter in 2004. We discussed some complex nature of FIX messaging and I don’t think implementing this in pipeline would be easy task.

Along with the complex FIX messaging, this process does require in-order processing which adds additional complexity. In FIX you need to handle real-time electronic exchange of securities transmissions and performance of messing is paramount in these transmissions., There were some test conducted in Microsoft labs in specific to FIX messaging for performance. So I would not rewind the wheel by implementing the FIX messaging in pipeline. Off course you could try this provided availability of resource and time.

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Friday, September 27, 2013 8:40 AM

All replies

• Hi KP,

Other than few third party adapters for FIX, I don’t think you have many options in handling FIX financial messages in BizTalk. Other than Rapid Addition’s adapter, I can find iWay FIXAdapter. You can contact iWay for more information regarding this adapter.

But in terms in Rapid Addition’s I have read some case studies about them in past in specific to FIX. They have been working with BizTalk for very long time, one of friends in Seattle,US used to work in this adapter in 2004. We discussed some complex nature of FIX messaging and I don’t think implementing this in pipeline would be easy task.

Along with the complex FIX messaging, this process does require in-order processing which adds additional complexity. In FIX you need to handle real-time electronic exchange of securities transmissions and performance of messing is paramount in these transmissions., There were some test conducted in Microsoft labs in specific to FIX messaging for performance. So I would not rewind the wheel by implementing the FIX messaging in pipeline. Off course you could try this provided availability of resource and time.

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful.

Friday, September 27, 2013 8:40 AM
  • Great, thanks for clarifying my doubts, as we are looking for different options we need to assess which product is better in the market and proven. 

Form your answer I left with two options

1. RA

2. iWay FIX adapter

I will contact iWay.

Thanks a lot. 

Friday, September 27, 2013 10:03 AM
  • The only current commercially supported FIX solution for BizTalk is Rapid Addition.

I've worked with their product a couple of times with great results.

FIX is not just a message type, it's also a 'protocol' with some specific requirements which their ShortCut product handles.

While you could implement it on your own, you'd likely spend more time developing that solution than you would buying.

Friday, September 27, 2013 11:41 AM