none
SQL Server Reporting Services: ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified

Question

• Hey everyone, So I am trying to get a report onto the server, and in BIDS I kept getting a login screen repeating over and over when I tried to deploy my report, so I tried to upload the file at http://<servername>/Reports This worked, but then trying to run this report from http://<servername>/Reports did not work either because "An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Cannot create a connection to data source 'FTYDataSource'. (rsErrorOpeningConnection) For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors" Anyways I tried to add a New Data Source (which I would use in the report) at http://<servername>/Reports, type ODBC, with the connection string Dsn=blah_blahblah. I try to test the connection here and get the error ERROR [IM002] [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified This is really getting old fast, everything I try, a new error comes up. Granted I am new at this, but this still should not be this troublesome. Does anyone have any ideas on what could FINALLY allow me to just put a report out onto the server?!? THANK YOU in advance for ANY help.
    Tuesday, January 25, 2011 9:40 PM

Answers

• Hey everyone, solved it!

For future reference and for anyone who has this same problem, change your connectino string to make it complete.

something like: Dsn=xxx_MySQL;server=xxxx;database=xxxx;port###

• Marked as answer by DL pack Wednesday, January 26, 2011 2:53 PM
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 2:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please try setting the credentials of the datasource.

1. Double click and open the datasource in your project.

2. Click on the credentials tab, and click on option button 'Use this username and password'

3. Enter the username and password to connect to the datasource

4. Deploy or upload the datasource to the report server and try accessing the reports.

Hope this helps.

Please click "Mark as Answer" if this resolves your problem or "Vote as Helpful" if you find it helpful.

BH

Wednesday, January 26, 2011 8:28 AM
  • Thanks BH, but after doing this I still get the error that reads "Data source name not found and no default driver specified"
    • Marked as answer by DL pack Wednesday, January 26, 2011 2:51 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by DL pack Wednesday, January 26, 2011 2:51 PM
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 2:34 PM
  • Hey everyone, solved it!

For future reference and for anyone who has this same problem, change your connectino string to make it complete.

something like: Dsn=xxx_MySQL;server=xxxx;database=xxxx;port###

• Marked as answer by DL pack Wednesday, January 26, 2011 2:53 PM
    Wednesday, January 26, 2011 2:53 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the comment. Glad to note you solved it. Can you please mention what changes you had to do in the connection string to make it work?

Regards

Please click "Mark as Answer" if this resolves your problem or "Vote as Helpful" if you find it helpful.

BH

Thursday, January 27, 2011 2:36 AM
  • Please check the ODBC Setting in your system to make sure the data source is added under System DNS.

I added under User DNS, and having the same issue, but when i added into System DNS. no issue.

40 minutes ago