none
Sync Framwork - Batch Size 75 Rows

Question

• Hi All,

I am trying to sync 1.2 million records to a remote location over a network. When I looked at the log, there is something strange happening.

Applied 0 of 75 rows with bulk command BulkInsertCommand
    Applied -75 of 75 rows with bulk command BulkInsertCommand
    Applied -150 of 75 rows with bulk command BulkInsertCommand
    Applied -202 of 75 rows with bulk command BulkInsertCommand
    Applied -267 of 75 rows with bulk command BulkInsertCommand

It seems the syncing is happening as batches which has 75 rows. I have not enabled batching and it seems it will take a day or may be two to sync my 1.2 million records (which I cannot allow to happen). The no of records is decremening and I just can't understand what this log means.

What I want to do is sync 1.2 million of records in one shot, not as batches. And as I read on MSDN, the default sync mode is on one shot. If we want, we can sync them as batches, but the default is one shot right?

Appreciate your all help.

Thanks.

Happy Coding.

Regards,
    Jaliya Udagedara (MCPD,MCSD) | My Blog

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 6:11 AM

Answers

• a similar thread has been posted on that already.

the bulkcommands has a configured value of 75 rows and there's not publicly available api to change it.

easiest for you is to provision your existing database, backup, send to the remote location, restore, performpostrestorefixup, sync.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 6:32 AM
  • the 75 rows is for the bulk commands. not sure about the inconsistent Applied xxx number. 
    Tuesday, June 25, 2013 6:41 AM

All replies

• a similar thread has been posted on that already.

the bulkcommands has a configured value of 75 rows and there's not publicly available api to change it.

easiest for you is to provision your existing database, backup, send to the remote location, restore, performpostrestorefixup, sync.

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 6:32 AM
  • Dear JuneT,

Thank you so much for your reply. I read the existing thread. But do you have any idea why the amount is decrementing? The 75 rows is only for bulk commands in sync, isn't it?

Happy Coding.

Regards,

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 6:37 AM
  • the 75 rows is for the bulk commands. not sure about the inconsistent Applied xxx number. 
    Tuesday, June 25, 2013 6:41 AM
  • Thanks JuneT.

Happy Coding.

Regards,

Tuesday, June 25, 2013 7:11 AM