none
Excel sheet not refreshing.

Question

• I recently installed the Office 365 trial and am running an Excel sheet I have been testing.

Suddenly, anything I enter into any of the cells on one of the sheets in this document will not show up on the spreadsheet. They do however show up in the Formula Bar even after navigating away from the cell and back. This tells me that they are storing, but the sheet is not refreshing.

Furthermore, the dependant formulas do not recalculate and refresh. However, when you highlight a cell that should have recalculated, the information shown in the bottom bar of Excel such as the average of the selected cells and max/min values does update. This means that it must be calculating, but the sheet is not refreshing to show those values. Only by navigating to another sheet and back do the values appear. As far as troubleshooting. I have ensured that my document is set to automatic calculation as is suggested when this problem arises. I also made sure that it wasn't some sort of macro issue by disabling all macros and trying again. I thought that it could be something to do with not restoring sheet refreshing or something but that does not appear to be the case.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sunday, December 09, 2012 3:03 PM

Answers

All replies

• Is the font color the same as the background color?

Is there any conditional formatting?

If you copy/paste the cells to a different sheet are they visible? Try using various paste special options.

Sunday, December 09, 2012 4:33 PM
  • Hi Tdemerse,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

According to your description, I think your issue is a non-development issue. I suggest you repost it on the Excel Answers Forum.

The experts there are more familiar with your issue and may give you more suggestions or workarounds.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, December 10, 2012 8:39 AM
  • It was seemingly a one time corruption issue with the excel sheet.
    Friday, April 11, 2014 3:55 PM