none
Report Printing in local mode with Web ReportViewer Control

Question

• Hi

I am using web report viewer control on web page and displaying report in local mode.I want to allow users to print the report .

My Report Viewer's 'ShowPrintButton' property is set to 'True' but still I am not able to view that button when I run the application .

any idea?

Thanks

Monday, January 22, 2007 11:43 AM

Answers

• The built-in print functionality is not available when using the webforms control in local mode (server mode is ok).  This is functionality we are looking at adding in the next release.

You can implement your own printing by rendering to EMF manually.  See www.gotreportviewer.com for some printing samples.

Friday, January 26, 2007 12:20 AM

All replies

• The built-in print functionality is not available when using the webforms control in local mode (server mode is ok).  This is functionality we are looking at adding in the next release.

You can implement your own printing by rendering to EMF manually.  See www.gotreportviewer.com for some printing samples.

Friday, January 26, 2007 12:20 AM
  • with all the reasons to build and make available a report tool, how did something as seriously basic as allowing us to actually print the report slip through the cracks? Seriously? This is hard to imagine.
    Wednesday, February 21, 2007 8:05 PM
  • Hi

Thanks for reply.

Now I m exporting the report to jpeg and printing it.But I need to show preview of it to the User .User should able to do page setup .

Currrntly when i click my print button it directly prints the report without preview which is not acceptable by User.

How should i resolve it?

will anybody tell me how should I implement my own client print dialog. so that i can show user the image

Thankx in advance

-Pankaj

Saturday, March 10, 2007 3:59 AM
  • Its fairly simple. Use PDF. Export you report to PDF or use the Web Viewer control of ReportViewer. In fact, using the Web ReportViewer control you can specify wherter to use PDF or another format.
    Thursday, March 22, 2007 12:44 AM
  • How the hell was something so basic and necessary as printing overlooked when creating this control?  And how could it pass QA with that functionality missing?  Absolutely unbeliveable!
    Monday, April 16, 2007 7:09 PM
  • It must be a strategy for forcing people to buy SQL2005...the only reason people use a report instead of an ordinary html page is for formatting and printing. If the printing is not there, why the hell would you use it? MS is shooting themselves on the foot with this kind of things...BTW, I'm writing this on my mac...never going back to windows, except for VS...

Saturday, May 05, 2007 1:12 PM
  • Local mode printing in the webform viewer is not in VS 2005 because we didn't have time to complete it.  This functionality is included in Visual Studio Orcas.  The beta for that release is available here: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa700831.aspx
    Tuesday, May 08, 2007 7:30 PM
  • Is this a dll that is avaiable without installing the entire Beta version?  Would like to use this but not ready for a new full release.
    Tuesday, May 08, 2007 8:16 PM
  • soon any solution for this problem ?
    Monday, October 29, 2007 5:09 AM