Debug F5 and F8 function keys not working

Question

• I worked the example one line web browser program given in VB Express 2008. The "Start Debugging" and "Step Into" functions work just fine from the "debug" drop-down, but they do not work when I use the F5 or F8 function keys instead. (I didn't have this problem with VB6.) What do I I need to do to activate the function keys?

Friday, August 08, 2008 8:19 PM

Answers

• On the menu choose tools-Options to open the options dialogbox . Make sure the show all settings checkbox a the bottom left corner is checked . Under the Environment heading choose keyboard . In the actions listbox on the middle right choose the action you want to set a shortcut key for . If that does not work then I think it is your keyboard that is the problem . Some office type keyboards remap some of the keys for cut and paste functions etc . I had one that had a button to press for the keyboard to act like a standard keyboard other wise it had different functions for the function keys .

Friday, August 08, 2008 8:54 PM

All replies

• On the menu choose tools-Options to open the options dialogbox . Make sure the show all settings checkbox a the bottom left corner is checked . Under the Environment heading choose keyboard . In the actions listbox on the middle right choose the action you want to set a shortcut key for . If that does not work then I think it is your keyboard that is the problem . Some office type keyboards remap some of the keys for cut and paste functions etc . I had one that had a button to press for the keyboard to act like a standard keyboard other wise it had different functions for the function keys .

Friday, August 08, 2008 8:54 PM
  • Thank you I had the same problem in Visual Studion 2008. Had to re-ap the Debug.stepover

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 9:59 AM
  • Thank you I had the same problem in Visual Studion 2008. Had to re-map the Debug.stepover

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 9:59 AM