none
Print fails to write the middle part(Header and footer written) when a Windows server 2008 SP1 machine is taken remotely(RDP)

Question

• I have a Windows 7 machine which acts as a server and  a Windows server 2008 SP1 machine which acts as a client. When i fire a print from the client (Windows Server 2008 SP1), it works well but when i do a RDP to the same machine(dows Server 2008 SP1) , only the header and the footer is written in the print file and the middle part is blank.

POINT TO NOTE :1. When  I take RDP of the Server (Windows 7 ) inside the RDP session of Windows server 2008 SP1 machine and then when i fire a print all works well and it prints all the data to the XPS doc writer

2. When both the client and server machines are Windows 7 PC's there are no problems in printing. I can print by taking RDP session of the client machine(Windows 7 in this case) and print without any problem.

I am unable to figure out what could be the problem. Please help me on this.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 11:57 AM

All replies

• This doesn't appear to be related to Accessibility or Automation development.

Please post questions about setting up and running Windows 7 systems in the Windows 7 IT Pro forums on TechNet.

Thursday, June 05, 2014 3:35 AM