How to Deploy an Application by Using WiX

General discussion

• Hi, my name is Candy Chiang and I am the PM for the Windows Installer XML (WiX) Toolset in Visual Studio. WiX is a set of tools that offers the ability to build MSI packages with an enhanced set of MSI capabilities. It also includes a set of built-in custom actions to enable MSIs to target various Microsoft platforms such as IIS and SQL.This walkthrough covers the basic steps of creating an MSI package using WiX for a simple C# windows application.

This is the first release of WiX in Visual Studio and we're looking forward to hear your feedback. Please let us know what you think about the scenario covered in this walkthrough as well as other feedback you may have. We are interested in hearing about your overall experience and your thoughts about this new additional into Visual Studio!

If you have not downloaded or would like more information about the CTP, please visit http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=129231.  

Thanks,
    Candy Chiang
    Program Manager
    Friday, October 24, 2008 10:15 PM

All replies

• hi,
    I am relativly new to WiX and from the quite a little i have learnt about WiX , its a awesome tool to have built in VSTS , WIX is open and its will surely add value to CTP when its out ,
    Thanks, Ranjith S
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 7:10 PM