none
Problem with street names on map.

Question

• When my app loads and goes to my current location at zoom level 13, alot of streetnames and other text on the map is missing. If I click the map and drag the view a little it updates the map and the missing texts on the map appears. I created a new project just to test that it's not a problem with my app but got the same problem. Bing maps app doesn't have this problem.

Also when Bing maps app initially zooms into your location, the road numbers are visible and updates to new view when you zoom and move around, so that there are road numbers always on your current zoom level. With my app this does not work at all, there is road numbers but with this code you have to zoom out to see those, numbers arent updated to new zoom level.

Am I missing something here, like should I update the map after "myMap.SetView(location, 13);"

namespace App3
    {
        public sealed partial class MainPage : Page
        {
            Geolocator geolocator;

public MainPage()
            {
                this.InitializeComponent();
                geolocator = new Geolocator();
                geolocator.PositionChanged += geolocator_PositionChanged;
            }

private void geolocator_PositionChanged(Geolocator sender, PositionChangedEventArgs args)
            {
                this.Dispatcher.RunAsync(CoreDispatcherPriority.Normal, new DispatchedHandler(
                () =>
                {
                    Location location = new Location(args.Position.Coordinate.Latitude, args.Position.Coordinate.Longitude);
                    myMap.SetView(location, 13);
                }));
            }

protected override void OnNavigatedTo(NavigationEventArgs e)
            {
            }
        }
    }

• Edited by Joni_78 Tuesday, July 02, 2013 3:23 PM
    Tuesday, July 02, 2013 2:51 PM

Answers

• nm, there was a new version of the SDK released on 27th of June, all works well with it. Sorry, dunno how I missed that update.
    • Marked as answer by Joni_78 Wednesday, July 03, 2013 12:17 PM
    Wednesday, July 03, 2013 12:16 PM

All replies

• There's not enough information here to reproduce your problem. What lat/long are you setting the view to along with zoom level 13?
    Tuesday, July 02, 2013 3:43 PM
  • Latitude: 62.77 Longitude: 22.82

I can't post links or screenshots until I get this account verified somehow.

• Edited by Joni_78 Saturday, July 06, 2013 7:39 PM dsfass
    Tuesday, July 02, 2013 5:09 PM
  • Which version of the SDK are you using and a screenshot would be extremely handy in resolving this.
    Tuesday, July 02, 2013 9:20 PM
  • Version 1.1.20120927.3 & VS2012 update2. I gave up trying to get my account verified so I have to post the links to screenshots like this.

These are screenshots after app has loaded and automatically zoomed into my location. #1 from Bing map app, #2 from my test app. Screenshot #3 also from my test app, shows how the text become visible after the user clicks and drags the map slightly, road numbers are still missing though.

1. Bing maps app

-

2. Sample test app

-

3. Sample test app, drag view

-

• Edited by Joni_78 Saturday, July 06, 2013 7:40 PM uhjh
    Tuesday, July 02, 2013 10:10 PM
  • Added links to screenshots on above post.
    Wednesday, July 03, 2013 11:58 AM
  • nm, there was a new version of the SDK released on 27th of June, all works well with it. Sorry, dunno how I missed that update.
    • Marked as answer by Joni_78 Wednesday, July 03, 2013 12:17 PM
    Wednesday, July 03, 2013 12:16 PM
  • BTW, in this screenshot from Bing Maps App, city name is twice on the map. Is that how it is intented?

*ttp://sdrv.ms/14OaQJX

62.790, 22.843

• Edited by Joni_78 Wednesday, July 03, 2013 2:13 PM efefe
    Wednesday, July 03, 2013 2:10 PM