can't log-in with live id???

Question

• i installed windows 8 dev. pre. edition few days ago. yesterd'y i changed my user setting in it. also changed log-in option as well. previously it was normal log-in options as usaval. i changed it with my Live-id and password. at that time i asked to specify live-id , my country, cell no, my secret question, which i did. i informed that after restarting my pc next time i can log-in with my live-id and its pass. at the time of next login i entered my password it dosent work???? it says wron pass.?!?!?! however a can use my live id with "windows live", msn explorer, hotmail (web) easily, without problem on same pc with windows 7 ultimate. how can i log-in to windows 8 dev pre. edition with live-id?? my big mistake was that i didn't make another admin user on windows 8. which i did on windows 7, please help me to get out from this. one another thing to tell you is that i also enable "Pin option" with log-in, but it also doesn't work?!?! it says that it enrolled old pass. please enter new password?!?!?
    Sunday, November 20, 2011 2:42 PM

Answers

• If you managed to create a long password with 16+ characters, try shortening the passphrase and use 16 characters when logging into Windows. Mail@live will accept 16+ characters when, say, Zune, will not. Both may be using the same WLID.
    Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given...
    • Marked as answer by dev7 Monday, November 21, 2011 12:27 PM
    Sunday, November 20, 2011 8:45 PM

All replies

• Have you tried the old password of the Windows Live ID that you used previously?
    You might wait for a little while and see if the new Windows Live Password will sync and allow you to logon.
    Marilyn
    Sunday, November 20, 2011 6:15 PM
  • hi, thanks... but dosn't work..hn..  at that time when i did changes in log-in option with live id, it accepted, and i got mail that i have to confirm these changes with clicking confirm link, which i already did. i can't understand, if i sign in with my same email id and same password to live mail, web hotmail, then why i can't with windows 8????
    Sunday, November 20, 2011 7:00 PM
  • If you managed to create a long password with 16+ characters, try shortening the passphrase and use 16 characters when logging into Windows. Mail@live will accept 16+ characters when, say, Zune, will not. Both may be using the same WLID.
    Well this is the world we live in And these are the hands we're given...
    • Marked as answer by dev7 Monday, November 21, 2011 12:27 PM
    Sunday, November 20, 2011 8:45 PM