none
Cannot accept EULA?

Question

• Hi folks. I've setup my VS2008 RTM (not sp1) to work with the reference source servers. It downloads the symbols just fine, and caches them, but when I try to step into the source for a particular function (say, the constructor of object in mscorlib) I get presented with the EULA. Now, it doesn't matter if I click Accept or Decline, because the next message I get is that there is no source for the current location.

Looking at the http trace in Fiddler, I can see that when I try to step in, a request is made for the source file. The symbol server returns 210 Unknown, with the body set to information for displaying the EULA - the text, plus the values for the buttons, which appear to be guids, and are different for each request:

IDYES:Accept:Accept=1b12229dfec041c3b8e30dc7918dc88e
    IDNO:Decline:Decline=1b12229dfec041c3b8e30dc7918dc88e

If I click Decline, the request for the source file is made again, this time appending Accept=1b12229dfec041c3b8e30dc7918dc88e to the query string. This also returns a 210 Unknown command (with another EULA body and new guids). VS appears to ignore this.

If I click Accept, the request is made again, and the same Accept=guid query string parameter is sent - i.e. there is no difference between the request sent if I hit accept or decline. Again, I get the 210 Unknown response and there is no source downloaded.

I've tried following the troubleshooting section - clearing my symbol cache, IE cache and cookies, but it makes no difference.

Is anyone else having this problem? Is everything ok once you've successfully accepted the EULA? If so, anyone know how I can convince the symbol server that I've accepted (I've checked for symsrv.yes)?

Cheers
    Matt

Wednesday, October 22, 2008 8:08 AM

All replies