Want code in C# for Capturing in new window

Question

• I want code in C# to record web Test in New window which I am unable to record as recording button goes when new window is open

Please help

Sunday, May 15, 2011 3:20 PM

All replies

• Hi anujbatta2015,

Thanks for your post. Could you please take a look at my reply on another thread you created? If you still have anything unclear about this issue, please contact me.

Thanks,

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, May 16, 2011 7:53 AM
  •  I want Code in C#

Please help

Monday, May 16, 2011 11:39 AM
  • Hi Vicky song

Could you please send me code in C# for New window

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 4:11 AM
  • Hello anujbatta2015,

If you want to record web test programmatically, I should use WebTestRequest class which represents an HTTP request that will be sent to a Web Server.

WebTestRequest request1 = new WebTestRequest("Your web application URL/");

request1.ThinkTime = 1;

You can refer to this article for further information about using WebTestRequest class:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.visualstudio.testtools.webtesting.webtestrequest.aspx

I hope it can help you.

Thanks,

Vicky Song [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 7:39 AM
  • Hi Vicky Song

I think you did not understand my problem well

I want code in C#

Scenario:

When i enter username and password and click on login button a new window opens so I cannot record that window because recording bar also vanishes.

Now i have to write a code in C# which will capture new window ID and how to do that i want?

Please help

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 9:09 AM
  • Hi anuj,

The C# code is about.

1.      An App with one window (web browser) to open another window (web browser)?

2.      Just use Fiddler to record the URL in many windows (web browsers)?

If like step1, you could see this link about how to open a web page in a new browser ASP.NET or you could ask this issue in ASP.net forum, I think you will get more detailed code.

If like step2, you could see how to use Fiddler to record the URL and how to make the recorded URL export to the VS tool, this blog have detailed steps, see Enhanced web test support in Fiddler, hope it could help you.

Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Captain

When you help others, it's help yourself!
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 5:03 AM
  • Please paste code in C# in this forum
    Thursday, May 19, 2011 8:24 AM
  • Hi

Unable to capture new window using Fiddler 2.0

Please guide

Friday, May 27, 2011 11:37 AM
  • when click on Go button to open a new window "urlAJAX/AJAX.aspx" page is opening and it is not opening new window is there any method to capture that new window if yes,please guide
    Friday, May 27, 2011 11:42 AM

• I just needed guidance on coding when i used fiddler it did not capture new window and actions which i performed on new window.
    Please guide
    Saturday, May 28, 2011 7:57 AM