none
Method '' in type '' from assembly '' does not have an implementation.

Question

• I am working on a large application that is developed using SmartClient and installed using Click Once.  The application's data comes from a set of classes implemented in unmanaged C++ (written eons ago).  We have a c++ cli wrapper around those classes.  This was all working fine and we were able to deploy everything using 1 click.  Recently I made a change to the cli wrapper objects (which use a set of templates which I consolodated).  Everything runs fine if I run the application in the development environment.  But now when I publish it and install it I get the following error message

Method 'xxxx' in type 'xxxx' from assembly 'xxxx' does not have an implementation.

This is happening when the smartclient startup  calls assembly.GetExportedTypes().  I was able to determine it happens on any method or property that derives from the CLI wrapper.

So what I have is

Assembly  depends on CLI Wrapper Assembly.

I am also thinking this may have to do with things that are also exposed through interfaces.

Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.

Friday, January 11, 2013 5:45 AM

Answers

• Hi SkiTrak,

I believe the deployed application is still referencing the old dll version.

Please check if the code is getting the old version of the dll.

Find the Clickonce cache folder and check the right version of dlls are correctly deployed.

If the OS is Windows 7, the folder should be users\[username]\appdata\local\apps\2.0

If the OS is Windows xp, the folder should be Documents and Settings\[username]\Local Settings\apps\2.0

Best Regards,

Bob Wu
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, January 14, 2013 6:55 AM