none
Best way to compare answer file templates

Question

• Is there a way to compare two templates or answer files to see what the differences are.  I tried simple compare tools but the files are not ordered so everything looks like a difference.  I want look at differences in templates as a learning tool and I want to get differences in answer files for troubleshooting images.

Thanks,

Rob

Monday, March 28, 2011 1:07 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The Windows Embedded team just released the Answer File Diff PowerToy, which you can access here.  The PowerToy allows you to easily diff two Standard 7 answer files, hopefully helping you out with what you needed to do.

We apologize for not releasing this earlier, it was something we were certainly planning to share with our customers.

Let me know if you have any questions or feedback,

JT

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 4:36 PM

All replies

• Best way would be using a XML tool which formats the file in alphabetic order, but unfortunatly i don't know a tool which can do it, but maybe someone else does.

i'm using compare it 4.2 for comparision. if the tool(s) output is not what you expect than you can/have to order the xml file in a rude manner by yourself with e.g. XML Notepad 2007 from microsoft there you can drag and drop / click and point whole xml trees.

"Mark/Propose As Answer" if you got one.
    Monday, March 28, 2011 3:40 PM
  • Hi,

The Windows Embedded team just released the Answer File Diff PowerToy, which you can access here.  The PowerToy allows you to easily diff two Standard 7 answer files, hopefully helping you out with what you needed to do.

We apologize for not releasing this earlier, it was something we were certainly planning to share with our customers.

Let me know if you have any questions or feedback,

JT

Wednesday, April 06, 2011 4:36 PM
  • Thanks.  It looks good so far.  I posted some comments on the download discussion section.
    Friday, April 08, 2011 6:10 PM