none
Minimized window doesn't go to the taskbar

Question

• I have a VFP9-SP2 program that opens a small modal form that displays the current date and time to show that it's active.  The main VFP screen is moved off the display area (_SCREEN.Left = 50000) before opening the form.  When the form is minimized, the caption in the title changes to show the current time (IF .WindowState = 1 ...). 

Here's the puzzle: When the form is minimized with the Minimize button in upper right corner of the form or with the Minimize option in the Windows menu in the upper left corner of form, the form is reduced to about the size of a Taskbar button, but is moved to the lower left corner of the desktop just above the Taskbar.  The title caption is changed to show the current time, as expected.  The program's original Taskbar button remains unchanged.

However, when the form is minimized by selecting Minimize from the right-click menu, it is entirely removed from the desktop area.  Its Taskbar button remains unchanged, i.e., its caption is not changed to show the current time.

What do I have to do to get the window to minimize to the Taskbar and show the desired caption, regardless of the method used to minimize it?
    Tuesday, October 27, 2009 1:41 PM

Answers

• you can check by making _screen.visible = .f. rather than changing _screen.left.

Also check by changing your forms' Showwindow proprty to 1 or 2.

I think it should work.

and how are you showing the time, I think you are using timer for that to refresh the time.
    I am learning .Net, so corrections/suggestions to my posts are highly appreciated. ----------------------------------------------- surinder singh
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 4:38 AM

All replies

• you can check by making _screen.visible = .f. rather than changing _screen.left.

Also check by changing your forms' Showwindow proprty to 1 or 2.

I think it should work.

and how are you showing the time, I think you are using timer for that to refresh the time.
    I am learning .Net, so corrections/suggestions to my posts are highly appreciated. ----------------------------------------------- surinder singh
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 4:38 AM
  • In order to change the caption in the taskbar, you have to update _SCREEN.Caption (_SCREEN references the VFP main window...)  Your small modal form is not the main form, but it is a form inside the VFP main form...

Thursday, October 29, 2009 6:34 PM