none
How can I sign a text by certificate in SQL Server and provide PKCS#7 signature?

Question

• Hello!

In my app i need to implement digital signature of some text, extracted from DB data (customer bill, for example), to send a text by e-mail together with it's signature in PKCS#7 format. Both because of high load and data volumes, and a fact that an e-mail app is provided by external developers, it's highly desired to include a text signature in SQL Server resultset, which returns all the data (e-mail attachments) to e-mail app.

The problem is that SQL Server uses x509 v.3 certificate format. It is not a problem while importing certificate and a key - I can convert it to x509 v.3 using OpenSSL before import, it's a one-time deal. But is there a way to convert a SQL Server signature to PKCS#7 format inside SQL Server, or do I have to implement a signing process outside of it?

Thanks in advance!

• Edited by Avantix Wednesday, August 21, 2013 12:28 PM
    Wednesday, August 21, 2013 12:26 PM

All replies

• Hello,

I am trying to involve someone more familiar with this topic for a further look at this issue. Sometime delay might be expected from the job transferring. Your patience is greatly appreciated.
    Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,
    Fanny Liu

If you have any feedback on our support, please click  here.

Fanny Liu
    TechNet Community Support

Friday, August 23, 2013 8:01 AM
  • Hi,

Please contact the Microsoft CSS team for assistance.

Tuesday, September 03, 2013 7:30 AM