none
Sharing team site/Microsoft account creation

Question

• Note: I cannot find the right place to post this, but it pertains to my Access Web App.

I often need to share my Access Web App with new users who do not have a Microsoft account. I achieve this by using the "Share" button from the Sharpoint Team Site we set up. I input a user's email address, and it sends them a link to the Team Site. The process should be simple, but it fails almost every time.

The user clicks the link in the email, which takes them to a login page. They then click "create a Microsoft account, it's quick and easy!", which allows them to create their account. But after they create the account, it often sends them to a page telling them that "Something went wrong" or "Sorry, we could not complete your request". But, their account was created despite the error message. I then must resend the invitation link --> user clicks "Microsoft Account" (instead of create account) and they are successfully sent directly to the Team Site.

Why is there the error in the middle? Is there something I can do to fix this? Is there a better place for me to post this?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Thursday, July 03, 2014 5:20 AM

All replies

• Hi Dr.Cole

I have the same Problem, but i think i know why..
    if the user email or login, is not in the sharepoint(Admin Panel) users list , then they can't login.<o:p></o:p>

you need to buy a license for each user, so they can log in.<o:p></o:p>

or you can share a single user to 10 peoples, but be careful, when edit, data... you are going run in conflict.<o:p></o:p>

And if the licenced user has no permission, to access the site collection, then he will not be able to open the App.

Access Odini

Thursday, July 03, 2014 10:55 AM
  • Hi Dr.Cole

I have the same Problem, but i think i know why..
    if the user email or login, is not in the sharepoint(Admin Panel) users list , then they can't login.<o:p></o:p>

you need to buy a license for each user, so they can log in.<o:p></o:p>

or you can share a single user to 10 peoples, but be careful, when edit, data... you are going run in conflict.<o:p></o:p>

And if the licenced user has no permission, to access the site collection, then he will not be able to open the App.

Access Odini

Thank's for your reply. However, this defeats the purpose of the "Share" button. The Team Site is meant to allow many people to collaborate on one website. They should not all need to buy a license. Currently, I can share with external users, but it is just difficult given the plethora of error messages I face. 

To me, this just seems like broken code.

Thursday, July 03, 2014 9:45 PM