none
How to implement AKS HCCE

Question

• I recently installed AKS but I am having a tough time to run the HiSoftware Compliant Code Engine Feature (HCCE).  Following the steps in the user guide on page 127, I made the change to the web.config file.  The next step was to make change in the master Page.  When I do that My master page becomes corrupt.  Only when I remove the line from the code, I could see the site again. 

If anyone has successfully implemented it, please guide me.

Thanks.
    Monday, June 15, 2009 4:23 PM

All replies

• This is most likely being caused by the HiSoftware.SharePoint.Common.dll not being added to the GAC.  The Insatll.bat for HCCE utilizes gacutil.exe and assumes that it is present in the following directory: "%programfiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin\gacutil.exe".  This is not the location of the gacutil.exe on all servers.  We recommend that you check the following locations for the gacutil.exe, edit the install.bat located in the "%programfiles%\HiSoftware\AKS\brute” directory.

·         Windows\microsoft.net\Framework\v1.1

·         Program Files\Windows SDK\windows\v6.0a\bin

·         I386\netfix.cab

Once the edit has been made, rerun the install, and your issue should be resolved.

You would also be served to pose the question to the AKS Community at AKS.HiSoftware.com.

Please contact support@hisoftware.com if additional information is required and/or this does not answer your question in full.

Thursday, June 25, 2009 1:47 PM
  • I have the  gacutil.exe in the expected location and the batch file is also referring to "%programfiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin\gacutil.exe".   This rules out the possibility of not finding gacutil.exe.

What else could be wrong?
    Thursday, July 02, 2009 8:45 PM
  • Can you describe what you mean by corrupt? If the page is changing it seems to suggest the Open Source AKS tool is Doing something, albiet not quite what you want! Could you put a screen shot of what you mean by corrupt up somewhere.

Thanks
    Rob Yonaitis
    Wednesday, September 02, 2009 1:31 PM
  • This is most likely being caused by the HiSoftware.SharePoint.Common.dll not being added to the GAC.  The Insatll.bat for HCCE utilizes gacutil.exe and assumes that it is present in the following directory: "%programfiles%\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\SDK\v2.0\Bin\gacutil.exe".  This is not the location of the gacutil.exe on all servers.  We recommend that you check the following locations for the gacutil.exe, edit the install.bat located in the "%programfiles%\HiSoftware\AKS\brute” directory.

·         Windows\microsoft.net\Framework\v1.1

·         Program Files\Windows SDK\windows\v6.0a\bin

·         I386\netfix.cab

Once the edit has been made, rerun the install, and your issue should be resolved.

You would also be served to pose the question to the AKS Community at AKS.HiSoftware.com.

Please contact support@hisoftware.com if additional information is required and/or this does not answer your question in full.

Why doesn't it use WSP packages and SPWebConfigModifications?

Isn't this the recommended practice for changes to the GAC and web.config? (especially in multi-server farms)
    regards
    Martin Hatch
    MCPD .Net Web Development
    MCTS WSS 3.0 | MOSS 2007
    Visit my Blog
    Wednesday, September 16, 2009 3:22 PM