none
SharePoint server sudden cannot login by most of the usersssss ... ?? !!!

Question

• Hi,

I have encounter this for 1 or 2 times as my browser is logged on to the SharePoint site and haven't logged out.. When I back to office in the morning, it will prompt out the login dialog box and it just cannot login back to the SharePoint server....

I tried the SPADMIN and it can login fine...

Anyone came across this problem and any work around ... ??

Many Thanks .... !!! 

Saturday, March 16, 2013 1:27 AM

Answers

All replies

• Can you please provide more detail?  Is there anything in the Event Log (Application or Security) when users attempt to authenticate?

SharePoint - Nauplius Applications
    Microsoft SharePoint Server MVP
    MCITP: SharePoint Administrator 2010

-----------------------
    This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Saturday, March 16, 2013 1:56 AM
  • Trevor

Without doing anything, the users can now login back to the sharepoint site... I has been happened 1 to 2 times for the past week... 

SharePoint Server event log

An account failed to log on.

Subject:
    Security ID: NULL SID
    Account Name: -
    Account Domain: -
    Logon ID: 0x0

Logon Type: 3

Account For Which Logon Failed:
    Security ID: NULL SID
    Account Name: MyADuserName
    Account Domain: MySharePointAD_domain

Failure Information:
    Failure Reason: An Error occured during Logon.
    Sub Status: 0x0

Process Information:
    Caller Process ID: 0x0
    Caller Process Name: -

Network Information:
    Workstation Name: MySharePointLocalServerName
    Source Network Address: External_IP_address
    Source Port: 20565

Detailed Authentication Information:
    Logon Process: NtLmSsp 
    Authentication Package: NTLM
    Transited Services: -
    Package Name (NTLM only): -
    Key Length: 0

This event is generated when a logon request fails. It is generated on the computer where access was attempted.

The Subject fields indicate the account on the local system which requested the logon. This is most commonly a service such as the Server service, or a local process such as Winlogon.exe or Services.exe.

The Logon Type field indicates the kind of logon that was requested. The most common types are 2 (interactive) and 3 (network).

The Process Information fields indicate which account and process on the system requested the logon.

The Network Information fields indicate where a remote logon request originated. Workstation name is not always available and may be left blank in some cases.

The authentication information fields provide detailed information about this specific logon request.
    - Transited services indicate which intermediate services have participated in this logon request.
    - Package name indicates which sub-protocol was used among the NTLM protocols.
    - Key length indicates the length of the generated session key. This will be 0 if no session key was requested.

Event ID : 10016

The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID 
    {000C101C-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}
     and APPID 
    {000C101C-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}
     to the user NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE SID (S-1-5-20) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

Event Id 5555

Failure trying to synch web application 714d4a88-5c7e-4cff-98b2-bd8f77e9fc55, ContentDB 5be2ed08-32d2-4cf0-8820-eb17d58616d5  Exception message was System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.
       at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserProfileImportJob.get_IsSynchronizationRunning()
       at Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.UserProfileApplication.get_IsSynchronizationRunning()
       at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserProfileConfigManager.IsSynchronizationRunning(UserProfileApplicationProxy userProfileApplicationProxy)
       at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.ContentDBSynchronizer.SynchContentDB()
       at Microsoft.Office.Server.Diagnostics.FirstChanceHandler.ExceptionFilter(Boolean fRethrowException, TryBlock tryBlock, FilterBlock filter, CatchBlock catchBlock, FinallyBlock finallyBlock)
       at Microsoft.Office.Server.Diagnostics.ULS.SendWatsonOnExceptionTag(UInt32 tagID, ULSCatBase categoryID, String output, Boolean fRethrowException, TryBlock tryBlock, CatchBlock catchBlock, FinallyBlock finallyBlock)
       at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.WSSProfileSyncJob.Execute()

Saturday, March 16, 2013 2:55 AM
  • 0xc000005e means that no logon servers (Domain Controllers) were available to authenticate the user.  Check the status of your DCs during these 'outages' for SharePoint logons.

SharePoint - Nauplius Applications
    Microsoft SharePoint Server MVP
    MCITP: SharePoint Administrator 2010

-----------------------
    This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Saturday, March 16, 2013 4:20 AM
  • Hi, All

These week its happended again twice. In the first time, I logged on the SQL server and the SharePoint server and found that the CPU utilization is 100% and I unstall the 'LogmeIn' remote software and reboot the two servers and it resumed normal.

This morning, when I taking the snapshot of the two VMs (SQL server + SharePoint server), it happens again so i deciced to add two virtual cores to the two servers, after 1-2 hours reboots/restart, it now can accept connection... however I found the below error...Any relation ??

Thanks again ...

The extensible extension returned an unsupported error.
     The stack trace is:

"System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserProfileApplicationNotAvailableException: This User Profile Application's connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or User Profile Service may not have been started. Please contact your administrator.
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.UserProfiles.AdminUI.ProfileAdminPage.get_CurrentApplicationProxy()
       at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.ProfileManagerInstance.GetApplicationProxy()
       at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.ProfileImportExportService.FinalizeProfileImportExportProcess(Int64 importExportId)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
       at Microsoft.Office.Server.WebServiceDirectProxy.WebMethodInfo.Invoke(Object webServiceInstance, Object[] args)
       at Microsoft.Office.Server.WebServiceDirectProxy.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] args)
       at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.ManagementAgent.ProfileImportExportDirect.FinalizeProfileImportExportProcess(Int64 importExportId)
       at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.ManagementAgent.ProfileImportExportExtension.Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices.IMAExtensibleCallExport.EndExport()
    Forefront Identity Manager 4.0.2450.47"

The extensible extension returned an unsupported error.
     The stack trace is:

"System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.UserProfileApplicationNotAvailableException: This User Profile Application's connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or User Profile Service may not have been started. Please contact your administrator.
       at Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.UserProfiles.AdminUI.ProfileAdminPage.get_CurrentApplicationProxy()
       at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.ProfileManagerInstance.GetApplicationProxy()
       at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.ProfileImportExportService.FinalizeProfileImportExportProcess(Int64 importExportId)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
       at Microsoft.Office.Server.WebServiceDirectProxy.WebMethodInfo.Invoke(Object webServiceInstance, Object[] args)
       at Microsoft.Office.Server.WebServiceDirectProxy.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] args)
       at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.ManagementAgent.ProfileImportExportDirect.FinalizeProfileImportExportProcess(Int64 importExportId)
       at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.ManagementAgent.ProfileImportExportExtension.Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices.IMAExtensibleCallExport.EndExport()
    Forefront Identity Manager 4.0.2450.47"

Saturday, August 17, 2013 4:15 AM
  • Snapshots are not supported with SharePoint.

I don't think the UPA error you're seeing in the ULS is related, I think it may just be a symptom of the high CPU usage.  What process is taking up 100% CPU?

Trevor Seward, MCC

Follow or contact me at...

Saturday, August 17, 2013 4:17 AM
  • Hi,

When I uninstall the LogMein remote software, the CPU back to normal.

Before we move on the Esxi server, I would take the snapshot of the SQL server+AD server and the SharePoint server. If anything cannot be recover, I would restore the snapshots of the two servers at the same time. I have done this on a test environment and proved it is OK (Of course, it is a BAD practice and might lost everthing betweent the last Snapshot till the restoration date) .......

Thanks !!

Monday, August 19, 2013 3:42 AM
  • Hi,

Today it happens again but when I try to login using the SPADMIN and login to the Administration Console (it tooks 1 to 2 minutes before it can access the pages). After this, the general user can login again...

Would it be a solution to login using the SPADMIN to the Admin console can cure this kind of problem ?

I shall post again if it came across the problem again ...

Thursday, August 22, 2013 3:30 AM