none
ASP.Net & Oracle

Question

• Oracle client and networking components were not found. These components are supplied by Oracle Corporation and are part of the Oracle Version 7.3.3 or later client software installation. Provider is unable to function until these components are installed. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Data.OleDb.OleDbException: Oracle client and networking components were not found. These components are supplied by Oracle Corporation and are part of the Oracle Version 7.3.3 or later client software installation. Provider is unable to function until these components are installed.

Source Error: Line 22: string conStr1 = ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["sqlstringPin"];

Line 23: OleDbConnection CnPin = new OleDbConnection(conStr1);

Line 24: CnPin.Open();

Line 25: OleDbCommand CmdPin = new OleDbCommand("PROC_GET_PIN_STATUS", CnPin);

Line 26:

Am Running my application in Windows 2003 server using VS.Net 2005

Oracle client 9i

Actually am trying to connect to a Oracle 9i database server from ASp.Net,when i try to run the application within .Net it works fine.But when i tried to run the page from browser its giving the above said error.my iis is configured.i have also set the asp.net machine and everyone user access to the ora92 folder.i have also installed oracle 9i client and managment component(full).Even after doing this its giving me the error.Kindly help me in this regard(urgent!).

Friday, January 11, 2008 10:09 AM

Answers

• EDIT

In IIS 6 there is no need for authenticated user because anonymous user is not part of the default everybody group.  And the TNSNAMES.ORA file needs to be in the same folder, so you need to remove IIS6 manually and add it again this time manually but this time click on details so you can add the five to ten components needed to run Asp.net.  If that does not work reinstall the Oracle 9i client software make sure it is 9i and not 10g because 10g over writes all 9i connections and use Named Pipes instead of TCP/IP, I have used 9i/10g for Asp.net development but I also build my code with AnyCPU because I have not used 32bits Oracle since 9i was released.

Saturday, January 12, 2008 3:50 PM
  • Thanks for your reply.The problem is solved.Actually i uninstalled the Oracle client (9i) and reinstalled ans rebooted my Pc,after that i gave eveyone user to have read&Execute permmision.

Thursday, January 17, 2008 1:01 PM

All replies

• Hi

Try using System.Data.OracleClient.OracleConnection rather than OleDbConnection.

refer the link http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.data.oracleclient.oracleconnection(VS.80).aspx

Cheers

Friday, January 11, 2008 4:44 PM
  • The application is ready for deployment it is not connection issue but rather IIS 6 not passing Asp.net runtime permissions to Oracle.  Check the thread below and run aspnet_regiis in your .NET 2.0 folder in you C drive.

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2288127&SiteID=1

Friday, January 11, 2008 11:03 PM
  •  

thank you for your answer. I already set the permissions on the Oracle Home folder to everybody,authenticated user,Aspnet user. But it takes no effect. Now I copied the tnsnames.ora to my development folders. But I doesn't solved my prob.Moreover i also register  the asp.net by using the following command  "aspnet_regiis -enable -i" and rebooted the pc.Still am having the same problem.Kindly help me in this regard(!Urgent).

Saturday, January 12, 2008 6:52 AM
  • EDIT

In IIS 6 there is no need for authenticated user because anonymous user is not part of the default everybody group.  And the TNSNAMES.ORA file needs to be in the same folder, so you need to remove IIS6 manually and add it again this time manually but this time click on details so you can add the five to ten components needed to run Asp.net.  If that does not work reinstall the Oracle 9i client software make sure it is 9i and not 10g because 10g over writes all 9i connections and use Named Pipes instead of TCP/IP, I have used 9i/10g for Asp.net development but I also build my code with AnyCPU because I have not used 32bits Oracle since 9i was released.

Saturday, January 12, 2008 3:50 PM
  • Thanks for your reply.The problem is solved.Actually i uninstalled the Oracle client (9i) and reinstalled ans rebooted my Pc,after that i gave eveyone user to have read&Execute permmision.

Thursday, January 17, 2008 1:01 PM
  • (after that i gave eveyone user to have read&Execute permmision. )

I am glad to see you have fixed your problem, if you will be developing Asp.net applications remember to leave the default Everybody group alone this very important because from what you are saying you may have removed it guess what your application cannot run because Asp.net is also a member of the Everybody group.  Windows file permissions 101 if you don't know don't touch the Everybody group.

Thursday, January 17, 2008 2:01 PM