none
LG Optimus 7 - Phone Developer Registration Problem

Answers

All replies

• Did you try registering your phone on another PC with the tools installed? (If you know that other PC worked to register a phone that is even better.)

Have you tried anything to determine if the problem is with your desktop configuration or the phone?

For example:
    *  If you have a second phone, or know someone with a phone, try connecting it to your desktop to see if the phone registration can see that other phone.  
    (You don't need to actually register the second phone for this test.)  If you can register the second phone then it's probably an issue with your phone.

To test the desktop passthrough routing configuration.
    Option 1:
     1. Disable your phones WiFi  and Cellular connections.  
     2. Connect the phone to your PC (Zune should launch automatically).
     3. On the phone: Open the IE Browser and attempt to browse to an internet site like www.microsoft.com.

If routing is working correctly, the page should load.  If it does not download then there may be a problem with the routing on your phone.

Option 2:
     1. Disconnect the phone from your PC.
     2. Turn off WiFi on your phone. 
     3. Find an application on Marketplace whose package size is larger than 20Mb , (for example: "Bug Village")
     4. Try to install the app... You should see "attention required" and the detail should say something about needing to turn on WiFi or connect to your PC.
     5. Now connect the phone to your PC (Zune should launch automatically).

If routing is working correctly, the app should eventually download.  If it does not download then there may be a problem with the routing on your phone.
    Friday, January 27, 2012 12:13 AM
  • Hi, thank you for your answer.

Did you try registering your phone on another PC with the tools installed? (If you know that other PC worked to register a phone that is even better.)

Yes, I tried. It didn't worked also in this second PC.

Have you tried anything to determine if the problem is with your desktop configuration or the phone?

For example:
    * If you have a second phone, or know someone with a phone, try connecting it to your desktop to see if the phone registration can see that other phone. (You don't need to actually register the second phone for this test.) If you can register the second phone then it's probably an issue with your phone.

Good point. I have a friend with a phone but I can't try this soon.

To test the desktop passthrough routing configuration.
    Option 1:
    1. Disable your phones WiFi and Cellular connections.
    2. Connect the phone to your PC (Zune should launch automatically).
    3. On the phone: Open the IE Browser and attempt to browse to an internet site like
    www.microsoft.com.

If routing is working correctly, the page should load. If it does not download then there may be a problem with the routing on your phone.

I tried this test right now. Zune didn't start automatically (but can recognize the phone). I can't connect to the page: "We are having trouble connecting to this webpage".

Option 2:
    1. Disconnect the phone from your PC.
    2. Turn off WiFi on your phone.
    3. Find an application on Marketplace whose package size is larger than 20Mb , (for example: "Bug Village")
    4. Try to install the app... You should see "attention required" and the detail should say something about needing to turn on WiFi or connect to your PC.
    5. Now connect the phone to your PC (Zune should launch automatically).

If routing is working correctly, the app should eventually download. If it does not download then there may be a problem with the routing on your phone

I don't have a "data connection" available at the moment.

Considering the "routing" problem, what could I do next?

Sunday, January 29, 2012 12:56 AM
  • I tried this test right now. Zune didn't start automatically (but can recognize the phone). I can't connect to the page: "We are having trouble connecting to this webpage".

Interesting that Zune did not start automatically... 
      Do you have any active Remote desktop sessions?  (...or similar application that allows you to connect to your developer machine remotely.)  
      Do you have multiple desktop sessions?  
      Are you logged in using an account with administrator privileges? 

Regarding the routing, verify that you have the following settings in your desktop registry :

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Zune\WindowsPhone]
       "DTPTAllowed" = dword:1
       "IPAllowed" = dword:1

If these are missing, have a different value, or ar of a different type then add / correct them and retry.  (You may need to close and reopen Zune for the changes to take effect.)

As for device side routing configuration, you should ckeck with the device manufacturer or mobile operator to see if they have a way to reset or modify the routing.  (...short of a factory reset.)
    Monday, January 30, 2012 8:15 PM
  • Hi, Thanks.

>Do you have any active Remote desktop sessions? (...or similar application that allows you to connect to your developer machine remotely.)

Non active. I use Citrix GoToMyPc sometimes to connect to my desktop. 

>Do you have multiple desktop sessions?

No

>Are you logged in using an account with administrator privileges?

I am logged in using a normal account.

I can confirm that I have registry keys are available and with the right values.

Do you think that I should contact LG for this problem?

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 10:00 PM
  • Do you think that I should contact LG for this problem?

Yes.  Be sure to mention that the problem affects the desktop passthrough scenarios I asked you to test earlier, i.e. marketplace app download and web browsing, not just developer registration. 
    Thursday, February 02, 2012 2:56 PM
  • I have an LG Optimus 7 and have managed to develop on pre and post mango.

I sometime have to unplug the phone and reconnect it, turn screen on and off etc to get it to sync so I can deploy.

If you want me to try anything on my phone Im willing to help.
    Monday, February 06, 2012 1:03 PM
  • I'm having the exact same issue with my HTC Radar 4G, 2 weeks ago I was able to register it and deploy but when I tried 4 days ago it refused to connect to visual studio and the SDK tools.  I have tried everything short of hard resetting my phone.  I get no error code, just that it's unable to connect to the phone even when I connect it, it makes a noise, zune pops up, and syncs correctly.

EDIT: Got impatient and hard reset my phone.  Still nothing and now I'm aggravated because my contacts and apps are gone and it still didn't help at all.

EDIT 2: While I was trying to restore my contacts I downloaded the newest windows updates and rebooted my PC and now it works again.  I didn't get the chance to try http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg180729%28v=VS.92%29.aspx but that might work for you, let me know.
    Monday, February 06, 2012 4:20 PM
  • Thank very much to all of you for the support.

I finally been able to unlock my phone :)

I have done an hard reset of my phone and disinstalled everything related with the phone (Tools & Zune).

Then I installed the updated LG drivers from here:
    http://www.lg.com/uk/support/product/support-product-profile-mobile-redux.jsp?customerModelCode=LGE900&initialTab=documents&targetPage=support-product-profile

Finally I reinstalled Tools and Zune and successfully registered my phone.

I think that the problem were the LG drivers.

Thanks

Regards
    Sunday, February 19, 2012 11:33 AM