help, Looking for Envision documents' templates

Answers

• Hi,

As for the vision/scope document, it's simple. Download the template to a local disk from TFS first:

Team | Team Foundation Server Settings | Process Template Manager...

Open the folder where you downloaded the template and look at the following file:

Code Snippet
    .\Windows SharePoint Services\Requirements\vision.doc

Now, as for the Project Structure and Initial Risk Assessment documents - I can't find mentioning of either work product in MSF for Agile process guidance. Still...

Risks: To the best of my knowledge, risks in MSF Agile are captured and tracked just as work items (i.e. a risk becomes a first-class backlog item). No dedicated document is ever created.

Project Structure: I've managed to find an example of this on a 3rd party website: http://www.dolly.ws/MSFTemplates/MSFToolboxContent/Envisioning/MSF-Project%20Structure%20Document%20Template%201-0.doc. As you can see yourself, the document is huge, is apparently from a previous version of MSF and no Agile team would spend time on writing such a detailed document - it's just against the principles of Agile Manifesto!

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 1:44 PM
  • I posted a risk assessment template I created for a client here. Might help. You can also create a template, getting Risk work items from TFS to sync both sides.
    Thursday, April 03, 2008 7:42 AM

All replies

• Hi,

As for the vision/scope document, it's simple. Download the template to a local disk from TFS first:

Team | Team Foundation Server Settings | Process Template Manager...

Open the folder where you downloaded the template and look at the following file:

Code Snippet
    .\Windows SharePoint Services\Requirements\vision.doc

Now, as for the Project Structure and Initial Risk Assessment documents - I can't find mentioning of either work product in MSF for Agile process guidance. Still...

Risks: To the best of my knowledge, risks in MSF Agile are captured and tracked just as work items (i.e. a risk becomes a first-class backlog item). No dedicated document is ever created.

Project Structure: I've managed to find an example of this on a 3rd party website: http://www.dolly.ws/MSFTemplates/MSFToolboxContent/Envisioning/MSF-Project%20Structure%20Document%20Template%201-0.doc. As you can see yourself, the document is huge, is apparently from a previous version of MSF and no Agile team would spend time on writing such a detailed document - it's just against the principles of Agile Manifesto!

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 1:44 PM
  • I posted a risk assessment template I created for a client here. Might help. You can also create a template, getting Risk work items from TFS to sync both sides.
    Thursday, April 03, 2008 7:42 AM