none
no website is configured at this address.

Question

• Hi all,

I am trying to build a basic web service from a Pocket PC 2003 SE Emulator that prints "Hello World" in a textbox after a button click. I tested the web service in IE and Mozilla and both work fine.  The URL I type in is like:

http://(IP Address):8080/Service.asmx

I installed ActiveSync 4.0 after that and managed to connect to the Internet through the mobile device.  However, when I used the URL above I get this message in the pocket IE:

No web site is configured at this address.

I then try and deploy my HelloWorld web service and I get this error after I click the button:

An unexpected error has occurred in
    MobileApp1.exe.
    Select Quit and then restart this
    program, or select Details for more
    information.

Unable to connect to the remote server.

Does anyone know what the problem is? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Nelson

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 4:32 AM

Answers

• I'm not sure what is going on.  Could you please post your question about how to invoke web services to the Smart Devices C# forum?

Barry

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 4:17 PM

All replies

• What is the web server you're running?  The built-in server in Visual Studio only accepts inbound requests from the local PC.

Barry

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 3:44 PM
  • Barry, thanks for the reply.

I'm using IIS 5.1. I tried to connect a database by invoking the web service and it gives me the same result, except it no longer has the warning about the connection.  Is there any problem that I add a web reference in relation to my IP address? Or maybe there is a better way?

Just wondering, how do people invoke web services with a mobile device? I'm pretty lost at the moment.

Nelson

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 2:09 AM
  • I'm not sure what is going on.  Could you please post your question about how to invoke web services to the Smart Devices C# forum?

Barry

Wednesday, April 19, 2006 4:17 PM