none
Generic Scales

Question

• I have list of about 50 items that don't map to specific "Thing" types. Is it best to store the values as a Question thing type?
    Monday, September 09, 2013 4:27 PM

All replies

• Depending on the type of data, Question/Answer may be appropriate. The type is meant to capture the likes of data you’d find on a questionnaire, for example, when checking-in for a doctor’s visit. If that's not appropriate, then, the application specific thing type can store free form data for an application.

HealthVault is always looking to evolve our data model so if there are health data types not represented in our data model, we’re happy to have a look. If you choose to do share the 50 items that you mentioned, you may send that to v-sanpil at Microsoft dot com and I will share that with the appropriate folks here.

Monday, September 09, 2013 11:14 PM
  • I've got an example of the types of questions we'd ask. The questions will vary, but the 2 scales used to answer each question will be the same across all the questions. 

An example question for Anxiety: "Excessive worry about day-to-day problems".

The responses we're looking for are:

1. How much of a problem is this: (Responses range from Not a problem to Severe problem).
    2. How often is this a problem: (Responses range from Never to All the time).

Friday, September 20, 2013 3:37 PM