none
New Small Basic Content Contest - TechNet Wiki

General discussion

• Read the rules and info here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/smallbasic/archive/2012/10/16/small-basic-new-technet-wiki-contest.aspx

Here are the basics...

I'm going to be holding a contest for the best Small Basic articles on TechNet Wiki. The first contest will be held from now until 10/26/12.

There will be two winners...

• Best Article
          1. I will be a judge along with at least two guest judges from Microsoft
          2. Anybody can compete (including Microsoft employees, although the judges won't consider our own articles)
          3. We'll be looking for articles that are thorough, visually clear (images might help, but aren't necessary), and well written.
          4. Prizes include an interview post on the Small Basic Blog, and a feature post on the blog of your article. You'll also be announced in the forums as well.
        • Best Contributor
          1. This is for the overall person who has contributed the most (other than the winner of Best Article).
          2. Same judges (me and at least two Microsoft guest judges).
          3. We'll be taking into account overall number of edits/contributions, quality of additional material added to articles started by others, translations, etc.
          4. This is to acknowledge other important contributions to Small Basic content on TechNet Wiki... spelling corrections, grammar corrections, space formatting, adding tags, adding images, adding sections/scenarios, adding links to other Wiki articles, translating articles into other languages, updating information with current links/product names/details, and more!
          5. Prize is a blog post on the Small Basic blog that features them and their accomplishments. You'll also be announced in the forums as well.

Read the blog post for the rest: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/smallbasic/archive/2012/10/16/small-basic-new-technet-wiki-contest.aspx

Noah, Nonki, and I got us started. You can reply here or comment on the blog if you have questions.

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 9:11 PM

All replies