Last MSDN Library version / versions for Visual Studio 6 / .net / .net 2003

Question

• I would like to know what were the last MSDN library versions for:

1. Visual Studio 6
    2. Visual Studio .net (2002)
    3. Visual Studio .net 2003

I refer to versions as in the month/year fomat e.g. January 2007.

If there are more than one versions that were last for a particualr version of Visual Studio, then can you explain the reason(s)

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 9:29 PM

All replies

• Hi Hot Denim,

I can try to help you with part of your query. I do stand to be corrected, but going back through my MSDN subscription, I find this data:

• Visual Studio 6 = MSDN Library dated October 2001
    • Visual Studio .Net 2003 = MSDN Library dated July 2005

Unfortunately I didn't find anything for Visual Studio 2002. Hope this helps,

Frank

Thursday, January 04, 2007 4:42 PM
  • From MSDN Subscriber Downloads,

The October 2001 MSDN Library is the last version of the MSDN Library that integrates with Visual Studio 6.0.

MSDN Subscriptions Library, January 2006 Edition...  This edition of the MSDN Library is the last edition that will automatically integrate with Microsoft® Visual Studio® .NET 2003. This is also the last edition that includes documentation for both Visual Studio .NET 2003 and the .NET Framework 1.1.

They do still have the July, 2005 edtion available for download, but they don't have any notes on it.  Perhaps this is the last version to integrate with VS 2002?  That would be in line with VS 6.0 and VS 2003, which both had roughly 3-years of MSDN Library support.
    Thursday, January 04, 2007 7:13 PM
  • >They do still have the July, 2005 edtion available for download, but they don't have any notes on it.  Perhaps this is the last version to integrate with VS 2002?  That would be in line with VS 6.0 and VS 2003, which both had roughly 3-years of MSDN Library support.

I was guessing that the last version of MSDN Library for a particular version of Visual Studio was the last one released before the release of the next new version of Visual Studio. No ? (why not ?))

Friday, January 05, 2007 3:13 AM
  • nobody else ?
    Wednesday, February 07, 2007 1:24 AM