none
Different CTI generation for each Sensor Id

Question

• Greetings,

What is the best AdvanceTimeSetting for this situation?

I have about 60k measurements coming from different instruments in distributed network,

All events are aggregated in central OSISoft PI system, then we are connecting streamInsight to PI system using "PI for StreamInsight"

The problem is some sensors has more than 10 minutes delay while other sensors are ahead of schedule by 3 minutes, each sensor events are ordered by time

The question is: Can I configure AdvanceTimeSetting to generate different CTIs for each sensor? In onther words each sensor has its own CTI generation.

Cheers,

MD

Saturday, October 26, 2013 11:00 AM

Answers

All replies

• Yes you can.

Take a look at DevBiker's blog post here: http://www.devbiker.net/post/Multiple-Timelines-From-a-Single-(Input)-Source

• Marked as answer by Muhammad G Saturday, November 09, 2013 4:00 PM
    Saturday, October 26, 2013 2:41 PM
  • Thank you very much for your quick response.

I have apply it and it is working fine.

However, it opens new question:

• How I can re-use a query that have many operators?
    • How to get the results of all the processes toghter combined into new query?

Cheers,

MD

Saturday, November 09, 2013 4:04 PM
  • I'm not sure that I understand "re-use a query that have many operators". Can you please elaborate?

As far as getting the results back together into a new query, you can use subjects to merge them back together. Keep in mind that you'll need to strip the source timestamps and give them start times based on arrival time again.

I would also caution against doing this by individual sensor. Depending on how many sensors you have, you'll wind up with a ton of processes, each of which will need to be scheduled and consume threads. Instead, look to group your sensors together by ones that have the same timeline.

DevBiker (aka J Sawyer)
    Microsoft MVP - Sql Server (StreamInsight)

Ruminations of J.net

If I answered your question, please mark as answer.
    If my post was helpful, please mark as helpful.

Saturday, November 09, 2013 7:22 PM