none
Please help! Flash interfac created in activex control not working

Question

• Hi, I have a critical promblem, please help.

I'm developing a web game, which uses ATL based ActiveX control to display the 3d game world. When the game activex control was loaded by IE, a seperate game thread was created and the game HWND was created in the thread as child window of the activeX window. Then a message loop was running in the thread to process game logic, rendering,..etc.

In the game thread, I created a windowless mode Shockwave Flash player COM interface to display 2D content, which uses OleDraw to render the image to a texture.

Ok, All these things runs fine in IETab on chrome, BUT not in the IE!  The flash player displays nothing in IE! In fact, some web browser which used IE core does work correctly, except IE!

So what could be the reason, and how can I fix this problem?

BTW: Sorry, my english is not good.

Wednesday, June 26, 2013 4:10 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Thanks for your participation in this forum. I'm trying to involve some senior engineers into this issue and it will take some time. Your patience will be greatly appreciated.

Sorry for any inconvenience and have a nice day!

Damon Zheng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, June 27, 2013 7:06 AM
  • Ho.

Tools>Internet Options>Security tab, click "Reset all zones to deault"

and

Tools>uncheck "Acitive X filtering"

to indicate to your visitors that they may not have ActiveX (scripting) enabled add a fallback to your object tag.

eg. <object.......><p>Your browser has disabled ActiveX (scripting) or you do not have Adobe flash installed</p></object>

Chrome does not have the same security zone model as MSIE. (if any security, )

Rob^_^

Monday, July 01, 2013 8:42 AM
  •     Thanks for your replay, but my activex control can be loaded successfully by IE, so  it should not be a IE security issue. In fact , this is an "loading an activex inside another activex" problem. The first activex is my game activex control which is automatically loaded by IE, the second activex was loading manually using WIN32 API function "CoCreateInstance"  when the first activex was executed.

Through my test, it seems that the IE prevents the interaction between the two activex control for some reason.I noticed that in chrome IETab, my game can recieve message 0x0401(WM_PLAY?) where the flash movie gets updated, BUT in IE, no WM_PLAY message was fired and the flash movie never gets updated, very strange.

Any idea ?

Friday, July 05, 2013 2:07 AM
  • Hi,

Issue you are experiencing seems to be specific to your application.

"Needs further analysis or debugging the code, From a support perspective this is really beyond what we can do here in the forums. If you cannot determine your answer here or on your own, consider opening a support case with us. Visit this link to see the various support options that are available to better meet your needs:  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone."

I will be very happy to assist you with the support case.

Thank You.

Monday, July 08, 2013 6:57 PM