none
PowerPoint Add-In with Slide Drag-n-Drop

Question

• I'm currently building a PowerPoint 2007 Add-In with VisualStudio 2008 VSTO that is comprised of a custom task pane that has a list of slides in it. The functionality I'm trying to achieve is the abillity to drag a PowerPoint slide from the "Slides" list and drop it into my Add-In. Then be able to drag any slide from the list in my Add-In and drop it back in the "Slides" list creating a new slide.

Thus far I've been able to get the drag from "Slides" list and drop on the Add-In working, at least in terms of receiving the dropped slide IDataObject. The problem I'm having is that I can't seem to load up a DataObject correctly such that PowerPoint will let it drop in the "Slides" list.

Does anyone have any experience with this?
    Thursday, March 19, 2009 10:41 PM

Answers

All replies

•  

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Innovate On Office Advisory Services.

The following is the details of your request:

[Support Request Description]:

You are building a PowerPoint 2007 Add-In with VisualStudio 2008 VSTO that is comprised of a custom task pane that has a list of slides in it. The functionality you are trying to achieve is the abillity to drag a PowerPoint slide from the "Slides" list and drop it into the Add-In. Then be able to drag any slide from the list in my Add-In and drop it back in the "Slides" list creating a new slide.

So far you have been able to get the drag from "Slides" list and drop on the Add-In working, at least in terms of receiving the dropped slide IDataObject. The problem you are facing is that you can't load up a DataObject correctly such that PowerPoint will let it drop in the "Slides" list.

[Next Step]: 
    I will research on your requirement and update you as soon as possible. 

Note:

For alerts on this post, please refer to the following link

http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/languages/en-US/docs/faq.aspx?SiteID=1#19

Thanks,

Harjit.

Friday, March 20, 2009 2:51 PM
  • Hi,

Could you please email a scaled down sample that reproduces the issue at harjitsg@hotmail.com.

It will help me to ressearch on your request.

Thanks,

Harjit.
    Friday, March 27, 2009 7:18 PM
  • Hi,

Could you please email a scaled down sample that reproduces the issue at harjitsg@hotmail.com.

It will help me to research on your request.

Thanks,

Harjit.
    Thursday, April 02, 2009 5:40 PM