Win 7 - 64 bit problem?

Question

• I have had to buy a new computer but only OEM Win7(x64) is available in UK at present.  Everything has installed OK but when I cam to try and run a programme that ran OK in Win7-32bit I got the following error message

System.InvalidOperationException was unhandled
      Message="An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details.  The error is:  is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1)"
      Source="mydata"
      StackTrace:
           at mydata.My.MyProject.MyForms.Create__Instance__[T](T Instance) in 17d14f5c-a337-4978-8281-53493378c1071.vb:line 190
           at mydata.My.MyProject.MyForms.get_Form2()
           at mydata.My.MyApplication.OnCreateMainForm() in D:\data\programmes\mydata\My Project\Application.Designer.vb:line 35
           at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnRun()
           at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()
           at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(String[] commandLine)
           at mydata.My.MyApplication.Main(String[] Args) in 17d14f5c-a337-4978-8281-53493378c1071.vb:line 81
      InnerException: System.BadImageFormatException
           Message=" is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800700C1)"
           Source="mydata"
           StackTrace:
                at mydata.Form2.InitializeComponent()
                at mydata.Form2..ctor() in D:\data\programmes\mydata\Form2.vb:line 21
           InnerException:

Can anyone tell me what that means (and whether it is a Win7 problem as that is the only thing that is new

regards

Colin Reid

Sunday, September 05, 2010 2:14 PM

Answers