none
show/hide Group columns

Question

• I want show/hide Year, Quarter and Month with grouping in below pivot report.

Please guide me.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 10:16 AM

Answers

• Hi Ramakant,

If I understand correctly, there should be four groups (Year, Quarter, Month, Week) in the report, and you want to control the columns visibility by selecting the parameter values.

The four groups are parent-child hierarchy groups and all of them have a child group. In this scenario, it’s not supported that setting the visibility of the Year, Quarter, Month columns in Reporting Services. So, we can see that the Column Visibility property of these columns are disabled. Since the row/details group Week has no child group, we can set the visibility of the Week column.

I would suggest you submitting a wish at https://connect.microsoft.com/sql.

Connect site is a connection point between you and Microsoft, and ultimately the larger community. Your feedback enables Microsoft to make software and services the best that they can be, and you can learn about and contribute to exciting projects.

Regards,
    Heidi Duan

Thursday, August 22, 2013 9:57 AM

All replies

• Create a Tablix and draw any field into Tablix in SSRS report. Then create required Row/Column Groups. There is a Group property you can modify to Show/Hide groups. Please let me know if you need help to create Group for Tablix.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 10:37 AM
  • Thanking you for reply,

I want show / hide based on parameter selection . Table header and groups are dynamically bind also show report header orders dynamically.

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 11:48 AM
  • Hi Ramakant,

If I understand correctly, there should be four groups (Year, Quarter, Month, Week) in the report, and you want to control the columns visibility by selecting the parameter values.

The four groups are parent-child hierarchy groups and all of them have a child group. In this scenario, it’s not supported that setting the visibility of the Year, Quarter, Month columns in Reporting Services. So, we can see that the Column Visibility property of these columns are disabled. Since the row/details group Week has no child group, we can set the visibility of the Week column.

I would suggest you submitting a wish at https://connect.microsoft.com/sql.

Connect site is a connection point between you and Microsoft, and ultimately the larger community. Your feedback enables Microsoft to make software and services the best that they can be, and you can learn about and contribute to exciting projects.

Regards,
    Heidi Duan

Thursday, August 22, 2013 9:57 AM