none
How to alert other computer on the network ?

All replies

• The beep itself is trivial; how will the computers talk to each other and how will you know what other computers are available?  These are the larger tasks.

Do you plan on having each computer run your custom program?  Are all of the computers on the same local network?  If not, do you plan on manually collecting the IP address of each possible client, or do you want to give the clients your IP address to connect to?

Please describe how you see this program working in more detail.

Reed Kimble - "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Friday, January 10, 2014 4:10 PM
  • Mohammad,

I hope Reed means with trivial, a subject for malicious code if it is showed here. Any code for accessing another computer can be used for malicious reasons. 

Look at Reeds own thread.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/053a0a87-e9b8-42e7-b483-d6d47c41278e/contributors-how-to-avoid-aiding-the-development-of-malicious-code?forum=vbgeneral

Success
    Cor

Friday, January 10, 2014 4:33 PM
  • I wanted to make a chat program .

I want to send some data to another computer .

It was an example for sending data .

How can I send some Text or Data ?

Friday, January 10, 2014 4:51 PM
  • I wanted to make a chat program .

I want to send some data to another computer .

It was an example for sending data .

How can I send some Text or Data ?

This forum is not a store provide free application for anybody.

Why not just search and try to code it instead of "I want" ?

Have you thought about these issues posted by Reed and Cor?

What is the real issue? Suffer you a application? Suffer you an idea about how?

before considering collecting the IP address, are you able to create a chat program?

remember make the reply as answer and vote the reply as helpful if it helps.

Monday, January 13, 2014 5:43 AM