1. Why are my changes in UIMap.Designer.cs are undone?
2. How do I handle changes in my application – searchproperties, url etc.
Solution: UIMap.Designer.cs contents are re-generated from the uitest file everytime you generate code. If you want any customizations to search properties, create a method in UIMap.cs and call it before calling the methods in UIMap.Designer.cs.
3. How can I stop the contents of UIMap.Designer.cs from reverting back everytime I edit them?
Solution: Edit the xml file(UIMap.uitest) file with the new property values(Do it carefully and ensure you have a back up) and generate code again, the designer file will now reflect the changes made in xml.
We are working on a tool to make the editing of xml easier, though we don’t have any fixed timelines regarding its availability yet.
4. Data driving a coded ui test.
5. Is Silverlight(and other technologies supported)?
Solution: Please go through the matrix located at http://blogs.msdn.com/gautamg/archive/2010/01/07/platform-support-for-coded-ui-test-and-fast-forward-feature-of-test-runner.aspx
6. How do I launch Coded UI Test Builder, the second time?
Solution: Right click from inside a test method and click Generate Code for Coded UI Test -> Use Coded UI Test Builder
7. Upgraded from Beta 2 and seeing a bunch of errors. How I do I fix them.
8. Playback doesn’t wait for the window to appear or Playback takes a long time to report a search failure.
Solution: Try using Playback.PlaybackSettings.ShouldSearchFailFast, Playback.PlaybackSettings.SearchTimeOut as required.
9. Can I run coded ui tests on remote desktop?
Solution: You will need a active session for the CUIT to work. If you are using a VM then from the host machine use VMConnect to connect to VM and then you can lock the host machine.
10. How to change the time taken between two actions?
Solution: Use Playback.PlaybackSettings.DelayBetweenActions.
Please mark the post as answered if this answers your question. ThejKSunday, May 02, 2010 5:04 AM
Some more information on each of the technology plugins, known issues, workarounds.
Details of each UI Framework Supported - Differences, Known Issues and Workarounds
Please mark this post as answer if this answers your questionMonday, May 03, 2010 8:47 AM