Error on References tab of project properties page.

Question

• I have just created a new Extensibility Addin for Visual Basic using VS2005 Professional. This addin will be targeted at MS Outlook (I hope).

When I look at the References tab of the project properties, I see the following message:-

An error occurred trying to load the page.
    Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'EnvDTE.ProjectItemsEvents'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{22800963-2811-410D-BF87-A7808EAC977D}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).

Why does this appear?
    How do I correct this?
    Monday, May 08, 2006 8:23 PM

All replies

• I would try a fresh installation. Did you have ANY betas installed before the RTM?
    Monday, May 08, 2006 10:40 PM
  • This was a fresh installation that I set up especially to test this out.

I did have betas installed before installing the RTM version, but (following the detailed instructions from this site), I removed _all_ beta versions before installing.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006 12:11 PM
  • I have been facing the same problem. Any suggestions. I'll be thankful.
    Friday, March 02, 2007 10:34 PM
  • I'm having the same problem with VS2005 + SP1.

It would be nice if the XML parser would SPECIFY the point at which it failed to continue parsing, but it doesn't even do that. It make resolving this issue a completely blind process. I have a multi-project solution, and this is only affecting one of the projects within the solution. I can add references via the context menu, but to remove or modify them turns into a chore of having to manually edit the VBProj.

I hate to say it, but this sort of thing should never happen.

Monday, March 24, 2008 3:52 PM
  • I'm facing the same problem with VS2008+SP1.
    When i try to debug the project, it says,

Error while trying to run the project: Unable to start program 'D:\work\TIProject\TI.exe'

Input or output cannot be redirected because the specified file is invalid.

When i go to the Project properties, and on the references tab, i can see the error which says,

An error occurred trying to load the page.
    Unable to cast COM object of type 'System.__ComObject' to interface type 'EnvDTE.ProjectItemsEvents'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{22800963-2811-410D-BF87-A7808EAC977D}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).

Any suggestions??
    Tuesday, September 01, 2009 6:44 AM
  • Hi guys,

I'm a newbie in vb2010, and on my reference I had the error above. Had anyone solved it?

Thanks in advance.

Monday, October 17, 2011 2:00 PM