none
Configuring an ADFS 2.0 SAML Logout endpoint

Question

• When configuring a SAML Logout endpoint in ADFS 2.0, there are two different fields: URL and Response URL.  Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the two fields and/or what values are typically entered?  Note that this is for a SAML federation, not WS-Fed, so the wa=wsignout is not applicable (I don't think).
    Thursday, July 11, 2013 3:51 PM

Answers

• That is SAML specific. Logout in SAML is different, there are real responses to Signout requests. (I am not sure if the Async stuff is already accepted as standard.)

"URL" is for ADFS to use to send a Request to do the Signout. And when ADFS has been asked to signout and needs to send a Response (to the initiator/requestor), if URL for the Response is different from the Request URL, then ADFS must be (configured and) sent to "Response URL". See for instance SAML2 Metadata  paragraph 2.2.2.

Paul Lemmers

• Marked as answer by Adam Kirsling Thursday, July 18, 2013 6:40 PM
    Thursday, July 18, 2013 5:52 PM

All replies

• The last time I had to configure a manual Single Logout URL I did the following:

-Endpoint type: SAML Logout

-Binding: Post

-URL: https://app.name.com/logout.jsp

-Response URL: <Left empty>

Which did work in my case.

Find me on linkedin: http://nl.linkedin.com/in/tranet

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 2:04 PM
  • That is SAML specific. Logout in SAML is different, there are real responses to Signout requests. (I am not sure if the Async stuff is already accepted as standard.)

"URL" is for ADFS to use to send a Request to do the Signout. And when ADFS has been asked to signout and needs to send a Response (to the initiator/requestor), if URL for the Response is different from the Request URL, then ADFS must be (configured and) sent to "Response URL". See for instance SAML2 Metadata  paragraph 2.2.2.

Paul Lemmers

• Marked as answer by Adam Kirsling Thursday, July 18, 2013 6:40 PM
    Thursday, July 18, 2013 5:52 PM