the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling this application may fix this problem..........

Question

• the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling this application may fix this problem. What does this mean and how do I fix this. It happens when I try to run my application on another computer, but works on the one where the visual basic is installed on. The visual basic I run is Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition. Thanks for all your help in advance...
    Saturday, November 04, 2006 9:53 PM

Answers

• You mean "Visual C++ is installed", correct? On other machines you need the c++ runtime or .net Framework 2.0 depending on your project type:

For native builds you can to use the runtime dlls (/MD) or link them statically (/MT). See project properties -> C/C++ -> Code generation.
    With /MD you will need to deploy vcredist_x86.exe (or its equivalents for 64bit systems): http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en

When you use .Net Framework your clients will need .Net 2.0 installed.

When you just use the static c/c++ runtime (/MT) your exe should just run on the other machine.

--
    SvenC

Saturday, November 04, 2006 11:14 PM
  • I am not sure if Express has setup projects? If yes, just add a setup project to your solution it should allow you to add the project output of you main project and should then find ann add its dependencies.

Otherwise you should look for another setup creating program.

You can still install the runtime and framework manually, until you got a working setup.

--
    SvenC

Sunday, November 05, 2006 10:02 AM

All replies

• You mean "Visual C++ is installed", correct? On other machines you need the c++ runtime or .net Framework 2.0 depending on your project type:

For native builds you can to use the runtime dlls (/MD) or link them statically (/MT). See project properties -> C/C++ -> Code generation.
    With /MD you will need to deploy vcredist_x86.exe (or its equivalents for 64bit systems): http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en

When you use .Net Framework your clients will need .Net 2.0 installed.

When you just use the static c/c++ runtime (/MT) your exe should just run on the other machine.

--
    SvenC

Saturday, November 04, 2006 11:14 PM
  • Ok, how do I make it that the application will install on the other computer and put in everything that it needs?
    Sunday, November 05, 2006 12:32 AM
  • I am not sure if Express has setup projects? If yes, just add a setup project to your solution it should allow you to add the project output of you main project and should then find ann add its dependencies.

Otherwise you should look for another setup creating program.

You can still install the runtime and framework manually, until you got a working setup.

--
    SvenC

Sunday, November 05, 2006 10:02 AM
  • I am a complete C++ Novice and i am having the same problems with my first "Hello World" application, my project is a Win32 Console Application. I did not understand any of that runtime c++ stuff SvenC explained, so if anyone can give me more detail on how to get my application to work on another windows opereated computer.

Saturday, February 09, 2008 9:05 AM