Install for Team Foundation Server Extensions for SharePoint Products with TFS 2010

Question

• We set up TFS 2010 without connecting to our SharePoint environment (MOSS 2007). It doesn't have the TFS extensions installed in the MOSS environment and we would like to soon but, we cannot find the installation for connecting to a 2010 server that we would need to install in the MOSS environment. Where can we find the install? I saw a Beta 2 screen shot that showed the option to install it but, don't see it as an option with the RC.

TIA,

Jim

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 2:50 AM

Answers

• Hi Jim,

To install Team Foundation Server Extensions for Windows SharePoint Services

1.      From the Team Foundation Server DVD, launch either the 32-bit or the 64-bit setup.exe to match the operating system that you are running. For more information, see 64-Bit Support in Team Foundation.

The Team Foundation installation wizard appears.

2.      On the Welcome page, click Next.

3.      On the License Terms page, read the terms of the license.

4.      Click I have read and accept the license terms, and then click Next.

5.      Click Extensions for SharePoint Products and Technologies, and then click Install.

If the installation wizard prompts you to restart your server, click Restart Now.

After the server is restarted, installation resumes.

6.      Click Finish.

If you want to configure Team Foundation Server Extensions for Windows SharePoint Services, select the Launch Team Foundation Server Configuration Tool check box.

To access the Team Foundation Server Configuration tool from the Start menu

1.      Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2010, and then click Team Foundation Administration Console.

The Team Foundation Administration Console appears.

2.      Click Extensions for SharePoint Products and Technologies and then click Configure Installed Features.

The Team Foundation Server Configuration tool appears.

To configure Team Foundation Server Extensions for Windows SharePoint Services

1.      In the Team Foundation Server Configuration tool, click Extensions for SharePoint Products and Technologies and then click Start Wizard.

The Team Foundation Server SharePoint Extensions Configuration wizard appears.

2.      Click Configure. If an error message appears, address any problems in the message, and then click Continue.

3.      Click Close.

For more information, you can refer to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb552177.aspx

Hope it helps! If you have any question, please feel free to let me know!

Best Regards,

Cathy Kong

Monday, April 26, 2010 2:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Jim,

To install Team Foundation Server Extensions for Windows SharePoint Services

1.      From the Team Foundation Server DVD, launch either the 32-bit or the 64-bit setup.exe to match the operating system that you are running. For more information, see 64-Bit Support in Team Foundation.

The Team Foundation installation wizard appears.

2.      On the Welcome page, click Next.

3.      On the License Terms page, read the terms of the license.

4.      Click I have read and accept the license terms, and then click Next.

5.      Click Extensions for SharePoint Products and Technologies, and then click Install.

If the installation wizard prompts you to restart your server, click Restart Now.

After the server is restarted, installation resumes.

6.      Click Finish.

If you want to configure Team Foundation Server Extensions for Windows SharePoint Services, select the Launch Team Foundation Server Configuration Tool check box.

To access the Team Foundation Server Configuration tool from the Start menu

1.      Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Microsoft Team Foundation Server 2010, and then click Team Foundation Administration Console.

2.      Click Extensions for SharePoint Products and Technologies and then click Configure Installed Features.

The Team Foundation Server Configuration tool appears.

To configure Team Foundation Server Extensions for Windows SharePoint Services

1.      In the Team Foundation Server Configuration tool, click Extensions for SharePoint Products and Technologies and then click Start Wizard.

The Team Foundation Server SharePoint Extensions Configuration wizard appears.

2.      Click Configure. If an error message appears, address any problems in the message, and then click Continue.

3.      Click Close.

For more information, you can refer to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb552177.aspx

Best Regards,

Cathy Kong

Monday, April 26, 2010 2:50 AM
  • Hi Jim,

Is your issue solved? I'm changing the type to "Marked As Answer", if you have any concern about this issue, please feel free to change it to "Unmarked As Answer".

If you have any question, please feel free to let me know!

Best Regards,

Cathy Kong

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 4:07 PM
  • Hi Cathy,

I tried deleting this post after I realized that I had to run the TFS 2010 setup on the MOSS server. I hadn't seen the option for  Extensions for SharePoint Products and Technologies when I did the install on the TFS Server and had assumed (my bad) that there must be a download or some component I was missing for the MOSS server (since in our case they are two separate servers). After searching around and making this post, it hit me to try running the TFS setup on the MOSS server. The setup application must detect MOSS or WSS is installed and then makes that an available option to install. The current issue I have is that the TFS server and MOSS server are their own workgroup and not joined via a domain so I am having a problem getting the accounts set up between the two servers. The MOSS server was set up prior to the TFS server.

Thanks,

Jim

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 4:18 PM
  • Hi Jim,

Welcome to post MSDN Forum!

For more information about tfs2010 installation guild, please refer to the following link:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=2d531219-2c39-4c69-88ef-f5ae6ac18c9f&displaylang=en

Best Regards,

Cathy Kong

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 2:30 AM