none
Report parameters doesn't appear correctly

    Question

  • I have a report .rdl under Visual Studio2010 and sql server2008.

    the report language is arabic and all the fields appears correctly, but the parameters doesn't appear correct it shows stange characers(not question marks) and all the remaining fields show arabic characters correct.

    i run the report on internet explorer9.

    i don't know what is the problem, i searched alot and there is nothing new. what can i do??

    Monday, February 10, 2014 12:05 PM

All replies

  • There is no helo!!!

    this project was with .Net2003 and SQL2000 and i converted it to .Net2010 ans SQL2008

    all the screens work fine, except the parameters for any report appears as strange characters

    Wednesday, February 12, 2014 12:17 PM
  • This is strange. Do the parameters of stored procedure or hard coded?

    Best Regards,Uri Dimant SQL Server MVP, http://sqlblog.com/blogs/uri_dimant/

    MS SQL optimization: MS SQL Development and Optimization
    MS SQL Consulting: Large scale of database and data cleansing
    Remote DBA Services: Improves MS SQL Database Performance
    SQL Server Integration Services: Business Intelligence

    Wednesday, February 12, 2014 12:21 PM
  • the paramters were sessions on the web Form and is passed as a parameters to the report

    it is about 32 report converted to .Net2010 and SQL2008 and it is hard to change the way they passes.

    this is the way the parameters appear not question mark(stange characters) but for the parameters which type is number, it appears correct like in the picture


    • Edited by nermo Thursday, February 13, 2014 9:21 AM
    Thursday, February 13, 2014 8:23 AM
  • There is something new, I just tested the report on Chrome and it is working fine

    so where is the problem or how can i fix it on the internet explorer.

    and i tested another thing, when i set a default value for the string parameters on the report manager and commented the passed parameters, it work fine.

    i don't understand where is the problem

    Anyone help me please


    • Edited by nermo Sunday, February 16, 2014 9:45 AM
    Sunday, February 16, 2014 8:55 AM
  • I have the same problem and i searched alot, i didn't find any solution yet

    please help

    Sunday, February 16, 2014 11:07 AM
  • there is no help?????

    Wednesday, February 19, 2014 9:10 AM
  • Hi nermo,

    You have mentioned that the report is work fine on Chrome. It may be a compatibility issue of IE9. At this time, I suggest that you first check this issue in IE9 Compatibility View mode. Please refer to the following steps:
    1. Launch the IE 9, and press Alt+T to select the Tools.
    2. Click Compatibility View settings.
    3. Check the “Display intranet sites in Compatibility View” option, and click Close.

    Reference: Fix site display problems with Compatibility View 

    Regards,
    Alisa Tang


    Alisa Tang
    TechNet Community Support

    Saturday, February 22, 2014 4:49 AM
    Moderator
  • thanks for your reply, But  “Display intranet sites in Compatibility View” option is already checked

    the problem at the paramters only, all the remaining data on the screen are correct (although they have the same arabic language)

    I think Compatibility View problem if all the data is incorrect

    Sunday, February 23, 2014 8:14 AM