none
NEED HELP WITH SQL DATABASE CORRUPTION - NOT ABLE TO ATTACH

Question

• Can I please get some help on this - I have 3 databases that are corrupt due to server crash.  Server was using NTBackup - I have restored DB files to location however sql 2008 is not able to attach.  I have tried the following: created new database files with same name, stop sql replaced newly created files with backup files - ran alter database name set emergency - on 2008 all works great until I try and run dbcc repair_with_data_loss I get error cannot run on version 611 upgrade database.  So I tried SQL 2005 express and there I cannot run alter database name set emergency - I get a syntax error regarding 'emergency' - I really need to find some sound instructions on repairing database file - database version 611 - I dont mind losing some data just need to get them to attach

Many thanks

Tuesday, July 02, 2013 3:49 AM

Answers

• Hi Werner,

I want to confirm whether there is database backup file which was created by SQL Server backup methods, for example: via SQL Server Management Studio, backup commands. If so, I suggest restoring database with these backup files. Additionally, I suggestion only run the following command to get more detail error message about which part of data was corrupted. 

use master;
    go

dbcc checkdb('DBName')

You can also refer to the steps on the following link:

Help, my database is corrupt. Now what?
    http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Corruption/65804/

Allen Li
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 9:03 AM