none
RESX keys visible on intellisense stuff?

Question

• Hi ya,

I'm using lots of keys in my app.

I mean, when you write "{Resx" inmediately you can get the whole list of keys for your resource file..

Otherwise you need to open the .RESX file and look there and the worse of that you don't have available any search function you can only order it.. (please mend my afirmation if it's incorrect)

is it possible or not?

Primary platform is Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit along with VS 2012/Sql2k8 for WPF/SilverLight projects.

• Edited by Enric Vives Sunday, January 12, 2014 11:43 AM clarify the title
    Sunday, January 12, 2014 11:43 AM

Answers

• Maybe time for an upgrade.

VS2013 gives you get staticresource intellisense in XAML.

Not sure about resx.

Resharper is pretty good but a lot of places won't buy a non Microsoft add in.

• Marked as answer by Enric Vives Wednesday, January 15, 2014 10:00 PM
    Monday, January 13, 2014 12:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This is currently not supported by XAML Intellisense. But you can use ReSharper it has a lot of built-in Extensions for Intellisense support in XAML.

http://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/

You can see the features of ReSharper for XAML Editor in the link below. In that you can see the power of ReSharper in XAML Intellisense.

http://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/features/xaml_editor.html

In the mean-time i found you are binding to resources files Incorrectly. Refer this post for binding to resources file in XAML

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/22420.binding-to-resources-resx-files-in-xaml.aspx

srithar

Monday, January 13, 2014 11:10 AM
  • Maybe time for an upgrade.

VS2013 gives you get staticresource intellisense in XAML.

Not sure about resx.

Resharper is pretty good but a lot of places won't buy a non Microsoft add in.

• Marked as answer by Enric Vives Wednesday, January 15, 2014 10:00 PM
    Monday, January 13, 2014 12:58 PM
  • Hi Shrekar,

I cannot proceed with the link provided 'cause have got two Resx files in my app, both in have different names; one is for english literature and the other, spanish

In XAML I always use this notation:

<Label Content="{Resx NuevaContraseña}"

Sometimes in code-behind:

Me.lblAplicacionRegistrada.Content = My.Resources.MasterGIT.NuevaContraseña

Primary platform is Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit along with VS 2012/Sql2k8 for WPF/SilverLight projects.

• Edited by Enric Vives Monday, January 13, 2014 7:40 PM
    Monday, January 13, 2014 7:28 PM
  • using two RESX files for multilingual support is apparently easy but is not very functional. Heavy management of each key and sometimes, inexplicably, system does not find some keys... nothing serious after rebuild the project.

In my couple of files I've got approx 250 keys. The best of this is that I could incorporate very easily another language in my app.

Thanks,

Monday, January 13, 2014 7:31 PM