How to add image in Crystal Report at run time???

Question

• Hi,
       I wanted to insert profile pictures in my crystal report at run time. I have saved name of image files in database and image files are saved on file system as other files. I want to load them in crystal report at run time depending upon the name of file.e.g. if name of file is "image1.jpg" than image at "ImagesDir/image1.jpg" should be uploaded similarly if file name is "image2.gif" than image at "ImagesDir/image2.gif" should be uploaded. Can any one help me in this regard please??????????????????????

yasir
    Monday, January 19, 2009 10:42 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi

The only way I found to set an image at runtime using the Crystal Reports that comes together with Visual Studio 2008
    is at http://inspirone.blogspot.com/2007/01/loading-images-dynamically-in-crystal.html

Hope it helps
    --marcos

Monday, January 19, 2009 7:06 PM
  • Is there any other method rather than the above one if I use Crystal Reports 2008, not the Crystal Reports basic for VS2008?

I  know how to change the picture by the way of using linked OLE object and the "Graphic Location" formula, which is inserted to Crystal Reports at design time,  at run time.

What I want to know is how to insert a picture to report on the fly by code , that's it, there is no placeholder image is inserted at design time.

Because it is unknown how many pictures will be added to the report in advance, at run time, the application can know and then added the pictures to report.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009 5:41 AM