none
MVC in Visual Studio 2013 Preview

Question

• I have installed VS 2013 preview and MVC 4 in Win7. But I can't create a new project in MVC. Please help me with this.
    Sunday, June 30, 2013 6:05 AM

Answers

All replies

• Perhaps you should ask in a Visual Studio preview support forum rather than a totally unrelated forum?

Paul Linton

Sunday, June 30, 2013 7:53 AM
  • I've heard other mentioning that repairing MVC 4 and/or installing it from the Web Platform Installer fixes this.

My blog: blog.jessehouwing.nl

Sunday, June 30, 2013 3:35 PM
  • Hi,

Please Try this,

New Project->Installed->Templates->Visual C#->Web->Visual Studio 2012

Then you will see MVC 4 Project.

亂馬客blog: http://www.dotblogs.com.tw/rainmaker/

Monday, July 01, 2013 4:48 AM
  • Please give specifics about error messages and template options chosen when posting. Are you getting the error "The system cannot find the file specified (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007002)" from the new project wizard?

I setup a Win7 machine with 2013 Preview Ultimate and got this error message. I ran procmon and verified that there is an error trying to open C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE\MvcWebApplicationProjectTemplatev4.1.cshtml.zip and indeed this file doesn't exist in the file system.

I don't know MVC, so can't say the significance of this project template file but pinged some product group folk who are taking a look.

I also bugged it at https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/793578/cant-create-an-mvc4-project-in-visual-studio-2013-preview

Please up-vote this if you hit this issue by clicking the "I can too" repro button.

Thursday, July 11, 2013 8:54 PM
  • After consultation with the product group -- if you're getting the error mention I noted, or one that mentions NuGet, try reinstalling Nuget.

Make sure VS 2013 is shut down. Open a VS 2013 command prompt and run:

vsixinstaller.exe /q  /skuName:Ultimate /skuVersion:12.0 "C:\Program Files\NuGet\Visual Studio 12\NuGet.Tools.vsix" /admin

You should be able to just double-click on the .vsix file as an alternate installation method.

If this resolves your issue, please take the time to up-vote the connect bug so we can track how many people are hitting this.

Thursday, July 11, 2013 11:35 PM