none
SQL Server cluster Node not be installed.

Question

• Initially there was an error for .NetFX3.5. Although installation successful with some error because .NetFX3.5 was not installed. After installing .NetFX3.5 I was trying to install SQL but below error comes and does not allow to proceed.

Please help.

• Edited by raofu09 Sunday, June 15, 2014 6:49 AM
    Thursday, June 12, 2014 12:03 PM

All replies

• Cause: caused by a bit of leftover configuration

Solution:

1. Show the hidden folders on your system. Go to Control Panel>Folder Options and select :show hiddenfile,folders and drivers option. 2. Click OK. 
    2.                                                                               3. Now go to the folder location of the LandingPage.exe file. It will be located at: C:\Users\[USER NAME]\AppData\Local\Microsoft_Corporation\LandingPage.exe_StrongName_ryspccglaxmt4nhllj5z3thycltsvyyx\10.0.0.0 4. Open this folder and rename the user.config file to  user.config.bak 

Thursday, June 12, 2014 12:21 PM
  • Hi,

I would suggest you to remove failed installation completely from add remove program. With cluster if your SQL server installation fails on one node and even though you correct it adding second node will create issue so its IMO is always advisable to move with fresh and clean installation.

First let me know what version of SQL Server you are installing did you read hardware and software requirements I would ask you to hold a bit and read it make sure you meet all prerequisites.

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it.

My TechNet Wiki Articles

Thursday, June 12, 2014 12:52 PM
  • Please check the details and try to understand what is missing over there.

Also all pre-requisites must have been configured and to get that in effect you have rebooted your system too.

Please share which version you are trying to install.

Santosh Singh

Thursday, June 12, 2014 6:39 PM
  • Can you check this below ... If you system has met hardware and software requirements for SQL Server 2012 / 2014 ?

http://gokanx.wordpress.com/category/sql-server-2014/

http://www.sqlcoffee.com/SQLServer2014_0005.htm

Also you can down load the required softwares from the links..

Just clear all the existing installations and start the fresh installation... make sure nothing is exist and restart the host after removing...

Raju Rasagounder Sr MSSQL DBA

Thursday, June 12, 2014 10:43 PM
  • In the error message you would find a path after "The system cannot find the file specified". have a look at that path on your machine. Go upto "Microsoft_Corporation" folder and over there you should find folders having name staring from word "LandingPage.exe_StrongName_"

go ahead and delete those folders alone and you should be all set.

Balmukund Lakhani
    Please mark solved if I've answered your question, vote for it as helpful to help other users find a solution quicker
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My Blog | Team Blog | @Twitter | Facebook
    Author: SQL Server 2012 AlwaysOn - Paperback, Kindle

Friday, June 13, 2014 12:37 AM
  • I actually uninstall the sql based on suggestions here in. I was using sql 2012. Balmukund Lakhani, sorry I could not verify your tips. Thanks you every one. I will be right back after re instillation.
    Sunday, June 15, 2014 5:46 AM