none
OLE error code 0x80040154. Class is not registered. OLE Object is being ignored

Question

• Hi,

I get the error :OLE error code 0x80040154. Class is not registered. OLE Object is being ignored. I get this error when i run a form which has a chart in VFP 6.0.

Can somebody help ?

Alex

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 7:35 AM

Answers

•  AlexDcosta wrote:

I cant seem to find the right ocx or dll. If i right-click the OLE chart object on my development pc, it shows MSCHART  properties. So, can u tell me what dll or ocx do i need to register at client PC.

c:\windows\system32\mschrt20.ocx

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 10:19 AM

All replies

• Register the activex first that chart is using.
    Tuesday, September 26, 2006 8:04 AM
  • Hi,

I cant seem to find the right ocx or dll. If i right-click the OLE chart object on my development pc, it shows MSCHART  properties. So, can u tell me what dll or ocx do i need to register at client PC.

Alex

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 8:41 AM
  •  AlexDcosta wrote:

c:\windows\system32\mschrt20.ocx

Tuesday, September 26, 2006 10:19 AM
  • Thanks MarciaAkins,

Your solution worked !!

Alex

Thursday, September 28, 2006 11:47 PM
  •             I open a sample with ole control on VF 9.0 (\samples\solution\solution.scx ) and click right on control to point to   builder.The error notice : There are no registered builders of this type.

The builder good working exept to activeX control (olecontrol) with this error!

solution's folder VF9 installed in the path : drive\VF9\samples\solution\solution.scx

Please you assist me this problem to register with which file (.ocx or dl)l and how ?

Thanks!

Thursday, October 16, 2008 1:45 AM
  • Which:
    USE "C:\Program Files\MSVFP9\Samples\Solution\solution.scx"
    BROWSE
    You see - in the field Ole2 some rows have "Memo" with upper "M". Open them with double-click (or just point with mouse).
     You will see: "OLEObject = C:\WINNT\System32\MSCOMCTL.OCX" 
     How to register:
    Start - Run:
    regsvr32 "C:\WINNT\System32\MSCOMCTL.OCX" (or some other path).
    Friday, December 19, 2008 7:32 AM
  • Hi All,

As I am working on VB.net application and  encountered this Unhandled exception in my application.
    The Error occured creating the form. The error is : Class not registered ( Exception from HRESULT:0x80040154 ( REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))

I try use the command regsvr32 to regist the component, if there is any .dlb, .ocx or unmanaged dll in the folder. too as i put my program on D:\ for the following and use regsvr32.exe on cmd promt :
    Same for the rest of dll files (AxMSComCtl2, AxMSCommLib, AxMSFlexGridLib, MSComCtl2, MSCommLib and MSFlexGridLib )
    I get the same error. Eg It prompt LoadLibrary ("AxMSComCtl2.dll) failed - The specified module could not be found.

Currently i use VB6 existing codes to modify with Microsoft FlexGridControls by puting  the code "Imports MSFlexGridLib" onto my Inifile form using MS VS 2008. And the properties indicate File type as ActiveX.
    I also observe that Eg Under AxInterop.MSComCtl2, namespaces AxMSComCtl2, member of AxInterop.MSComCtl2.

So far i search through internet, it seem that i need to install VB6 to able to do install or register MSFlexGridLib, is it true? Or is there any method i can register?

Hoping to try all methods to get me moving. tks

Saturday, April 17, 2010 10:40 AM
  • Hi all,

I reinstall the VS2008 application again on another laptop and use back the older version of the project code to start develop again. I have no ideal why it work now with no error and warning appear....

Lesson Learn : Always Backup your project >> create a brand new setup project to rebuild it again when you start develop with new codes.

Anyways thanks for all the advise and comment given.

• Proposed as answer by wooddoor Saturday, July 24, 2010 10:28 AM
    Saturday, July 24, 2010 10:28 AM